Missing photos

Reaction score
Very new to the DJI community and so far most is going well. Have been able to take a few flights and record several videos, download and edit. Fun! Trying to take still photos during the same flights (camera shutter button seams to be functioning, looks like its snapping a pic and makes the sound as if it is) but I can't seem to find the photos on the sim card or on the mobile app. Am I missing something? Can the P3 pro take videos and stills in the same flight? Any feed back is much welcomed.

You can't take a still picture while you're videoing. You have two options...either stop the video and switch to camera mode to take a shot, and then go back to video, or you can extract a fairly good quality still from your video using your editing programme.

Correct. It will either record video or take stills. Not both at the same time. You CAN do both in the same flight.

You don't say which P3 you have, but if you have the P3A or P3P, you can simply stop the video with the button on the remote, then snap a still with the other button on the remote then start the video again with the remote. You don't have to change modes in the app.

If you have the P3S then yea, you gotta use the app to stop, switch, snap, swich and record again.

And since you are new, welcome! Look forward to seeing what you do with your new bird.

Oh, and a tip about some incorrect terminology you used. A "sim" card is what many cell phones use to authenticate you on their service. It stands for Subscriber Identity Module. It is not used to store video and pictures. What you refer to as a sim card is actually a microSD card or uSD for short. SD stands for Secure Digital. The SD card is where you do store videos and images (as well as lots of other things).

I do have the Phantom 3 pro. I was switching back and forth from video camera to still camera via the app touch screen on my mobile device and thought the unit was snapping the stills as well as taking the videos. at least it sounded and looked like I was during the flight. It was my understanding that you could do both during the same flight so that's what I was trying to do. Right now everything I do is an experiment until I can understand all of the workings this bad boy presents. Are you suggesting that I just simply use the buttons on the remote to snap stills and record videos? If so, that's an easy experiment to run.

Oh and thanks for the correction on my terminology. I will get the hang of this stuff before too long.

Yes. But you can't do BOTH at the SAME TIME. Once you start recording video, it won't take stills until you stop the recording. What I am saying is you can start/stop the video and take snaps using the bumper buttons on the remote.
1. Take off
2. Start video
3. Do something/go somewhere
4. STOP video.
5. Take one or more stills.
6. Start video again
7. Rinse.
8. Repeat @ 3.
9. Land
During all that, you never have to touch the screen. You CAN use the app. But you don't HAVE TO if its a P3A or P3P. I, personally, don't use the app for these functions. They are right at your index fingertips on the RC, so why take a hand away from the sticks to poke the screen?

I don't know what controller the P34k has. If its the same as the P3S, then there are no video/camera buttons on the RC unit like there are on the A and P.

I didn't think you could record video and then snap a still without first turning off the video recording. I definitely turned off the video camera before switching over to the still camera. to take a couple of stills and then switch back over to the video camera for a few more video clips. The icon on the screen looked like it switched over to either the still camera or the video camera. The shutter button on the screen looks and sounds different for each camera so that's why I was surprised to not find the pics. All of the videos were there but not the stills. I know where in the sequence of shots they should have been.
I definitely like your recommendation to not take my hands off the joysticks of the remote and just use the finger buttons on the remote to activate the cameras. I will be using that method next time out. I think I'm so interested in what the shot looks like and not flying into anything that I'm making things a little harder than they need to be.

thanx for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers