Mid Flight Engine Stop and Start

Reaction score
My understanding is you can kill the Phantom 4 engines during flight either on purpose or by accident. What I am less clear on is weather you can start them back up.

My understanding is you can kill the Phantom 4 engines during flight either on purpose or by accident. What I am less clear on is weather you can start them back up.
Test that theory at your own peril. But I would doubt a re-start. Assuming nothing has changed from a CSC in flight with a P3.

You can try.
There have been demonstrations of it working but a lot of height is needed and a few things can go wrong.

Reactions: Fly Dawg
Just out of curiosity what would be the purpose of attempting this. I understand trying to restart in the event of a fail but why else, trick flying? Hmmmmm.

Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Now we know. So now we never have to try. Although I admit I still kinda want to.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It was pretty cool to see it spin out once the rotors slowed, then completely divebomb when they stopped.

(The good part starts at 1:20.)

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
I’d like to get a shoot where they say We HAVE to get this shot and to do it.. you have to kill the engines. And fire back up. It’s the only way.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan