microSDXC memory card/other questions from a newbie

Reaction score
Hi all, just rcvd my Phantom 4 Pro+ this week, have some questions I cannot seem to find answers to. I also messed up and ordered the wrong mem card (U3, UHS-I/II 128GB) and probably stuck with it. I should have done a better job researching what card is required (Class 10/64 GB).

1. Card will not work/format in the drone. It will work in the integrated video remote controller (formated in PC first), but is it usable? IE, can I copy from the onboard 16GB in the drone to the 128 GB in the RC? I imagine this will be too slow if possible, or eat too much drone battery.

2. What do YOU use the SDXC slot in the remote controller for?

3. I really don't want to keep swapping cards every flight (though I do understand the logic for that, IE in case your drone crashes, data loss, etc). A little more difficult to fly up here in Alaska with gloves, dropping things in the snow, etc. Options? Just go with a few 64 or 32 GBs?

4. No SDXC to SD card adapter in the box? WTH?

Jesse

Hmmm, just rechecked specs on the 4P4+, says it can use a 128GB card! Did a tech support chat with DJI, said to format it in the drone via my integrated video RC (under camera options/setup). Still no go because the card returns an error when the drone fires up. Can't seem to format it inserted in the RC either....ugh.

So my DJI P4P+ and micro sdxc vendor (Adorama) says I cannot return this $120 card since it has been opened....then the CSR had the audacity to offer to sell me a compatible card (this one SHOULD be compatible). I don't believe I will ever purchase from them again.

DJI Support wasn't much help, sad to say. Said it needed to be formated to exFAT and defaults (nothing about allocation sizes).

I called Delkin, pretty much if it works in the 3 different PCs I have tried it in (PC, laptop, MAC Laptop) then the card is g2g. They are going to talk with their Adorama sales person and see if there is anything they can do.

I would suggest staying away from this card: Delkin Devices, MN DMSD1900128G. It is 128GB, U3, UHS-I/II.

I bought a PNY 64 GB last night for $30 local, U3, C10, UHS-I, worked immediately, no issues.

Very odd. I've had other Delkin technology but not Micro SDs from them. I've always used Lexar which have been great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers