Microraptor Case.....WOW!

Will it work with the props still on, or would it bend them?

Also, for you seasoned professionals with Phantoms in hard cases like this one, have you been able to still get your case allowed for carry-on luggage, even if it's a bit larger than what is allowed (like this one). US Air allows 45 combined inches for bag dimensions. This one is 50. I'm hoping I could still get it on a plane, but I worry they might make me check it at the ticket counter. Thoughts? Ideas?
It actually does. The 2 little holes by each motor.... you can put these little plastic tubes that come with the case (they look like glue sticks) and keep the props in place. I'll post another picture of it with those on.

i purchased this case, and i absolutely love it. being able to leave the props on makes things so much easier.

do you always leave the props on? I've been told in some video's to take them off.

Yes and now that we have to tighten them I think that its way better than taking them on and off. Plus it is way more convenient just to take it out, calibrate and fly! The blades are a composite material now and not the metal hubs like in the past. I will only remove them when I ship the case to Turkey next year.

I did a little cutting on my Goprofessional case for my Vision 2+ and the P3 fits ok, props off.
It measures about an inch over. Only traveled with it once, but never got a second look.

I got one too.
image1.JPG

Reactions: rmfa
Will it work with the props still on, or would it bend them?
I took out the thin piece of foam under the Phantom. The legs rest on the thin foam to each side of the handle slide area on the bottom and the camera/gimbal does not hit the bottom although there is no foam under it. I put my visor baseball type cap on top of the Phantom body in the case. This holds the Phantom down and gives more clearance so the props don't hit the egg crate foam on the top cover.

I've flown with this case on Southwest a few times with no problems. All of the planes I've been on had the smaller bins so it wouldn't fit with the handle or wheels sticking out, had to go sideways..

I've been planning on using some foam to build a gimbal support too..

So I have the Seahorse case.. Its looks identical to the outside and plastic as the raptor.. It doesn't have perfectly cut foam though, so I was wondering if anyone knew if the raptor foam insert will fit in the Seahorse case?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So I have the Seahorse case.. Its looks identical to the outside and plastic as the raptor.. It doesn't have perfectly cut foam though, so I was wondering if anyone knew if the raptor foam insert will fit in the Seahorse case?

What are the dimensions of that case? You could compare to the dimensions of the Microraptor.

What are the dimensions of that case? You could compare to the dimensions of the Microraptor.
I just checked.

23.96 x 16 x 10.1
24.3 x 16 x 10.1 is seahorse

So looks like it will work. They literally might be the same shell used for each, they have identical locks, wheels, lines, etc.

I can't find the insert for the micro raptor anywhere though...

250 for that in my city ... a bit overpriced to my mind. I d better buy 2 batteries and make a case out of plastic and ducktape for 20 bucks.

250 for that in my city ... a bit overpriced to my mind. I d better buy 2 batteries and make a case out of plastic and ducktape for 20 bucks.
Seahorse case is around 100. Same exact case as micro raptor except you have to cut the stock interfior foam to fit phantom.

I just got this case as well. Love it. The case they use is available here for $128 with pick and pluck foam:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...o-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001A1NT10

I'd much rather pay the $200 and get the custom foam. I really like the case and the layout of their foam.

Pic of my case attached.

Does anyone know what backpack they use? It looks like they use the exact same foam insert for the case and their backpack. I'd love to be be able to swap this foam into they backpack: http://microraptorcases.com/products/backpack-designed-to-fit-the-phantom-3

I tried to find the same 24 x 15 x 9" backpack online but haven't been able to.

Attachments

• MicroRaptor.jpg
    MicroRaptor.jpg
    814.5 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:

I also have the Microraptor, If you lift up the thin piece of foam where the main phantom unit sits the Seahorse logo is embossed into the plastic.

This confirms it actually is a Seahorse case and the Microraptor foam inserts will fit 100% - Adam

I also have the Microraptor, If you lift up the thin piece of foam where the main phantom unit sits the Seahorse logo is embossed into the plastic.

This confirms it actually is a Seahorse case and the Microraptor foam inserts will fit 100% - Adam
Thanks! Now only if we can find the microrapor maker and buy their foam.

Just found them and emailed them about buying the foam.

Last edited:
I also bought this case and I love it. I think it is definitely worth the money.

I can also confirm it is water tight. I did a day of flying it off of a pontoon boat on a lake. Before took off in the boat I had the case on the dock along with some other things. I wasn't familiar with the dock because we rented the house and part of the dock is floating so when you step on it the dock leans pretty far. Everything fell into the water the first time the dock leaned, including the case with the drone and there wasn't a drop of water in it when I got it out. It wasn't in there very long though, because it is the first thing I went for to save!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20