Microraptor Case.....WOW!

Reaction score
Hey guys, yesterday I finally received my microraptor pro case and can now carry my P3 around in something much more secure than the original box. It's kind of expensive at $199 but very impressive. Fits everything very secure and has room for 5 extra batteries. Attached are some pictures. I've been thinking about this versus a back pack for a while and finally pulled the trigger last week. Happy flying.
IMG_2208.JPG
IMG_2209.JPG

Is it just a big hole in the middle that the bird goes into?

Just ordered one... I got the yellow one because I have a black case for my Phantom 2 and want variety - glad to hear you like it - it pushed me over the edge to get one :)

Will it work with the props still on, or would it bend them?

Also, for you seasoned professionals with Phantoms in hard cases like this one, have you been able to still get your case allowed for carry-on luggage, even if it's a bit larger than what is allowed (like this one). US Air allows 45 combined inches for bag dimensions. This one is 50. I'm hoping I could still get it on a plane, but I worry they might make me check it at the ticket counter. Thoughts? Ideas?

Last edited:
Those awesome Microraptor cases look nearly bomb proof. And I wish that I could use one in my travels, locally.
But what I need is a case or back pack type solution, to strap, bungee or tie down my Phantom 3, to the back seat and passenger handles of my '13 Can Am SpYder RS-S. Any useful suggestions there?

RedHotPoker

Will it work with the props still on, or would it bend them?

Also, for you seasoned professionals with Phantoms in hard cases like this one, have you been able to still get your case allowed for carry-on luggage, even if it's a bit larger than what is allowed (like this one). US Air allows 45 combined inches for bag dimensions. This one is 50. I'm hoping I could still get it on a plane, but I worry they might make me check it at the ticket counter. Thoughts? Ideas?

Works with the props on. there are acrylic posts that come with the case - you stick them into the little holes visible in the OP's pic - help keep your props in place so they don't turn. No problems with bending the props - if you use the posts they actually stick up a bit beyond the height of the props.

Don't know about being allowed as a carry-on; I know sometimes they give you a little leeway, but that may be a matter of luck.

Is it just a big hole in the middle that the bird goes into?

The above was a serious question, for those of you that have the case. Is the middle section completely open or is there lower support for the camera and the gimbal?

Thanks. :)

The above was a serious question, for those of you that have the case. Is the middle section completely open or is there lower support for the camera and the gimbal?

Thanks. :)

There is a little bit of foam at the bottom that doesn't really do anything in that it is not in contact with the camera/gimbal. I have the UAVBits camera guard installed, and it sits there just fine. In other words, there is no large piece of foam that comes up and cradles your camera, if that's what you mean.

You could always cut a bit of sturdy egg crate foam and tack it in place... For more stability.

You would have thought they included more substantial padding under the most expensive component, of the Phantom 3 unit?

RedHotPoker

Reactions: jlo
There is a little bit of foam at the bottom that doesn't really do anything in that it is not in contact with the camera/gimbal. I have the UAVBits camera guard installed, and it sits there just fine. In other words, there is no large piece of foam that comes up and cradles your camera, if that's what you mean.

Thanks, that was what I was asking. Maybe I'm being overly paranoid but it concerns me that the bottom part of the gimbal and plate are just flopping around on the shock absorbers.

You could always cut a bit of sturdy egg crate foam and tack it in place... For more stability.

You would have thought they included more substantial padding under the most expensive component, of the Phantom 3 unit?

RedHotPoker

Thats a good idea.

I have this case and I love it because you can leave the props on! Here is mine.

Attachments

• in_case.jpg
    in_case.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 403

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1