Mexico

Reaction score
Hello All,
I will be traveling from DC to Cancun, Mexico on United Airlines and would like to bring my P3. I am staying in Puerto Morelos which is approximately 13 miles from the airport.

Has anyone had any issues with transporting the equipment through security and/or on the plane?
(I plan to carry everything on)

How about issues with flying it once I arrive at my destination? Any restrictions to be aware of in this part of Mexico?

Thanks for any input.

Reactions: Mike_Flys
You will not have any issues from TSA or United Airlines when you take your drone on the airplane. You should call the hotel your staying at and ask about flying your p3 there. Another option is to figure out where you plan to fly then contact the people who own the property and ask them for permission.

Mexico has recently published some guidelines. Nothing too earth-shattering here, but since Mexico occasionally tends to be a little more about 'acceptable public risk' than the US, I was sad to see that they still discourage night flights..

[Regula la SCT el uso de Aeronaves No Tripuladas (Drones)] (Chrome and Firefox should offer to translate this) --
or click [Hogan Lovells UAS Client Alert] for an English interpretation.

Original circular: http://www.sct.gob.mx/fileadmin/DireccionesGrales/DGAC/00-aeronautica/co-av-23-10-r2.pdf

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl