Mayday! Mayday!.....F550 is going down!!!!

ladykate said:
UrAwFuL said:
Hmm.. that's good to know! I'll try finding and installing a Wi-Fi scanner on my laptop and phone

Usually, your laptop or phone will find them. Just scan for networks in the utility provided by the maker.

That's what I mean't hahaha. I know it could just scan for nearby networks but maybe I wanted to go too far by using those apps that analyze the Wi-Fi signals.

I've been deligently working on my "Downed and Drowned" F550 and I have made great progress.

*Spektrum Receiver --- working
*iOSD --- working
*LED lights on arms working
*H3-D2 Gimbal is dead...GCU working, tested it with my other H3-D2 gimbal.
I had a secondary H3-D2 Gimbal and GCU, so I've installed those onboard.
*GPS - is locking in good. I picked up 11 satelites and got the Home Lock to lock in the location according to the leds.
*NAZA - seems to be working - I'm able to connect via the computer, I can calibrate and read the settings and see my movements on all the controls.
*LED unit working
*Replacing motors and ESCs - waiting on the delivery of my E300 upgrade.
*FPV 600mw is dead
Went back to my BOSCAM 500mw transmitter for but I lost the connector wire for it. Those two have somewhat different wiring. You can see what I mean on the Heli-Pal website. I also order a new 600mw transmitter.
*The landing skids suffered no damage

You said GPS was working - does that mean the NAZA is working, too? If so, that is a huge save.

ladykate said:
You said GPS was working - does that mean the NAZA is working, too? If so, that is a huge save.

So far, so good. We'll see once the E300 kit comes in. I've got my fingers crossed.

Here's how she's looking now while I wait for my E300 kit and new transmitter to arrive. I ordered them yesterday and it arrives tomorrow. Heli-Pal is pretty good with their shipping.

F550_postdrown_zps3b23ffa2.jpg

F550_postdrown_2_zpsd311e98e.jpg

This might be a blessing in disguise. You are going to have a nice airplane when this is done.

ladykate said:
This might be a blessing in disguise. You are going to have a nice airplane when this is done.

Airplane??

FangsCPO said:
ladykate said:

Airplane??

As in thing that flies using air traveling over a surface to create lift. Everyone wants to use a different term for these things - I've settled on airplane. I might copyright it. :lol:

FangsCPO said:
Uncle Meat said:
ladykate said:
It sure picked a crappy place to fall. Lots of ground to fall on but it zeroed in on that pond.
You don't play much golf do you? If you did you would know that on a golf course gravity increases exponentially as you get closer to a water or sand hazard. :lol:

Seems like you lifted off just fine, cleared the house, and then gave it full forward stick. Is that right? Did you command full forward or was it out of control at that point?

U.M.

Everything was fine until it went over the house..........from that point on...it wasn't me.

Was the Wifi on from your GoPro?

I had a bit the same..... lost control also after 10 meters up... And then hell started.

Ends also in water.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C3ODWvNuXI

Peter

struijs said:
Was the Wifi on from your GoPro?

I had a bit the same..... lost control also after 10 meters up... And then hell started.

Ends also in water.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C3ODWvNuXI

Peter

Wow! I guess since your props keep going they basically cut your bird loose and into the water. ****!! My WiFi wasn't on and hasn't ever been on. That's one feature that I really didn't find much use for. Have you gotten your bird fixed yet? I've got mine up and running now. I'll be posting my first video after the drowning tonight. I was pretty happy my GoPro survived. The battery was ruined but luckily I had a spare.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4