Maxxuav 4hawks XR

Jake,

Thank you. Performance had been a huge increase. Flew out over 32091 ft one way and made it back. That is 6.077 mile. The only reason you see signal low and weak transmission I turned the control almost 180 degrees to take a screen snapshot on the iPhone. Never lost signal. Always had full bars. You will see my altitude was over 400ft because it took over 600 to clear a hill on they way.
7374cc5e48cf4923ddf20940fbf8b782.jpg

As for my neighbor hood distance is double if not triple. I live in a very populated neighborhood with hundreds I mean hundreds of wifi home signals. Before could get a mile maybe. Now same altitudes and line can get two almost three miles.
Does dji have a new battery that has doubled the flightime of 27-28 minutes????? Or a nuclear powered battery?? 6 miles one way???? If not you must have caught a tailwind going and coming back!

Does dji have a new battery that has doubled the flightime of 27-28 minutes????? Or a nuclear powered battery?? 6 miles one way???? If not you must have caught a tailwind going and coming back!

I flew into a headwind at takeoff and had a tailwind coming back. I still had full signal at 6 miles. Talking with a friend we might try a one way flight have him at one end map a route and go for full flight one way distance.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I also installed Jake's 4Hawks system and it made a huge difference in the video feed which is exactly what I was hunting for. No more "Green Screen" and lost signal. Not a range hound, but it works perfectly out to 3+ miles over the lakes (Lake Strum Thurmon). Happy Camper

I have made the almost exact same distance with my P4 stock battery and the maxxuav antenna and boosters. I used sport mode both out and back and landed with 12% battery. Don't say what can't be done when it has been done! No wind to speak of and over extremely clear property that I have permission to use! I agree in most cases not the safest thing to do but under the right circumstances it can be safe and very amazing videos! Just shows you the ability of a phantom that has proper signal abilities!

I have made the almost exact same distance with my P4 stock battery and the maxxuav antenna and boosters. I used sport mode both out and back and landed with 12% battery. Don't say what can't be done when it has been done! No wind to speak of and over extremely clear property that I have permission to use! I agree in most cases not the safest thing to do but under the right circumstances it can be safe and very amazing videos! Just shows you the ability of a phantom that has proper signal abilities!
I thought P4 had even shorter flight times then P4P

I thought P4 had even shorter flight times then P4P

Think of it this way, average 45 mph. 22 miles in a half hour. 15 minutes gets you 11 miles back and forth and I can get over 20 minutes flight time even in sports mode. I have done it but don't have the screen shot to prove it. I will next time for the doubters. No wind, full great condition battery but still a close flight. I don't recommend it unless you have permission from the property owners in a case a wind comes up, it was only for testing purposes and I was absolutely amazed! Maxxuav antenna and booster!
It can and has been done but only it the right conditions, no need to risk your AC or people over a curiosity!

Think of it this way, average 45 mph. 22 miles in a half hour. 15 minutes gets you 11 miles back and forth and I can get over 20 minutes flight time even in sports mode. I have done it but don't have the screen shot to prove it. I will next time for the doubters. No wind, full great condition battery but still a close flight. I don't recommend it unless you have permission from the property owners in a case a wind comes up, it was only for testing purposes and I was absolutely amazed! Maxxuav antenna and booster!
It can and has been done but only it the right conditions, no need to risk your AC or people over a curiosity!
LOL think of it like this Never gonna happen, 11 miles in 15 minutes...But you can always dream

LOL think of it like this Never gonna happen, 11 miles in 15 minutes...But you can always dream

WOW, you really are stupid, don't even understand math!
You don't belong flying a drone being too stupid to do simple math. Whats 45 divided by 4 you dumb ***! I get longer than 15 minutes of flight time also. I can't waste any more of my time on stupid people like you!

WOW, you really are stupid, don't even understand math!
You don't belong flying a drone being too stupid to do simple math. Whats 45 divided by 4 you dumb ***! I get longer than 15 minutes of flight time also. I can't waste any more of my time on stupid people like you!
LOL your so full of crap, post a flight record, screenshot or it never happened... DREAM BIG OR GO HOME.. :D
Tailwind both coming and going sure but thats not reality, you may continue dreaming now or smokin the stuff :D:D:D

LOL your so full of crap, post a flight record, screenshot or it never happened... DREAM BIG OR GO HOME.. :D
Tailwind both coming and going sure but thats not reality, you may continue dreaming now or smokin the stuff :D:D:D
Y

You are just an imature loser than can't face the fact your a complete loser in life and I doubt you even own a drone, unless mommy bought it for you. Your another big internet tough guy that doesn't know anything! Get a job, buy a drone and learn how to do something in your life because you are absolutely nothing on the internet and I guarantee in your life. I almost feel bad for losers like you that have no real life. Your a typical internet loser and always will be. Go away, your nothing in this world but a problem for real people. You would never open your mouth in front of me if you weren't hiding behind your screen. PUSSSY!

Y

You are just an imature loser than can't face the fact your a complete loser in life and I doubt you even own a drone, unless mommy bought it for you. Your another big internet tough guy that doesn't know anything! Get a job, buy a drone and learn how to do something in your life because you are absolutely nothing on the internet and I guarantee in your life. I almost feel bad for losers like you that have no real life. Your a typical internet loser and always will be. Go away, your nothing in this world but a problem for real people. You would never open your mouth in front of me if you weren't hiding behind your screen. PUSSSY!
They must call you " THE MAN" LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Just saw this (I have a job so I can't be on here all the time), let's start with this, I did not doubt what you "said" you did. I only made a sarcastic comment because 6 miles one way, 12 miles round trip seems very exaggerated to me. I made the comment stating simply if this was "accurate" you must have had a very generous tailwind coming back. I am not some "pilot" that just flys around his/her house in an orbit, I push my phantom (Just plain ole 4) to the limit seeing just how far she will go. I've had just about every range extender, from the cut in half beer cans (joking) to currently the conquer. With that being said, all I care about is long range flying. One last thing, I don't pretend to know everything about all the drones, but I do know that the P4P has a better range or siganl strenght or whatever than the P4 with 2.4ghz and 5.4ghz (whatever it is), one thing I don't know however is if the P4P has a longer lasting battery. I have not heard this so that's why I made the sarcastic comment. Now, (since you've cursed people out and made yourself look stupid) why don't you fly out 6-10 miles one way and RTH with the same battery of course for a round trip of 12-20 miles.......and please take screen shots. She'll hover and wait till your ready while you take the pic.

These flights I used my iPhone 7 plus. Like I said only reason for the green screen was I turned the controller sideways so I could take a screen shot. I have an iPad mini 4 but do experience the same problems as everyone else... green screen, flickering etc. I am thinking about getting the new IPad Pro but I will admit the controller, 4hawks and iPad are already heavy. I can't imagine adding a bigger iPad to it. I am also thinking maybe just go FPV googles.

Have you tried turning off the video cache on the mini and just let the drone record to the SD card

Just got the XR and it's HUGE! and the clamp system is poor... Not tried a range test though...

Have you tried turning off the video cache on the mini and just let the drone record to the SD card
I've actually tried this, along with clearing the cache on the iPad mini 4, and still got green screens and blackouts.

Just got the XR and it's HUGE! and the clamp system is poor... Not tried a range test though...
Well???....just picked mine up today LOL It is huge, storing it in or on a pack as I hike is my next challange

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor