Maxxuav 4hawks XR

Reaction score
Jake,

Thank you. Performance had been a huge increase. Flew out over 32091 ft one way and made it back. That is 6.077 mile. The only reason you see signal low and weak transmission I turned the control almost 180 degrees to take a screen snapshot on the iPhone. Never lost signal. Always had full bars. You will see my altitude was over 400ft because it took over 600 to clear a hill on they way.
7374cc5e48cf4923ddf20940fbf8b782.jpg

As for my neighbor hood distance is double if not triple. I live in a very populated neighborhood with hundreds I mean hundreds of wifi home signals. Before could get a mile maybe. Now same altitudes and line can get two almost three miles.

Jake,

Thank you. Performance had been a huge increase. Flew out over 32091 ft one way and made it back. That is 6.077 mile. The only reason you see signal low and weak transmission I turned the control almost 180 degrees to take a screen snapshot on the iPhone. Never lost signal. Always had full bars. You will see my altitude was over 400ft because it took over 600 to clear a hill on they way.

As for my neighbor hood distance is double if not triple. I live in a very populated neighborhood with hundreds I mean hundreds of wifi home signals. Before could get a mile maybe. Now same altitudes and line can get two almost three miles.
That's good to hear but if thats one way and you only have 40% battery left I'm guessing this didn't have a happy ending ?

Landed 150 yards short I had landing set at 5%. Would have made it back with about one more minute.

I took off into a bad headwind

Why do you need to fly 6 miles away? Stupid **** like that, that causes extreme legislation against responsible drone operators.

Jake,

Which tablet are you using ? Do you find 2.4 better then 5.8 ?

Which tablet are you using ? Do you find 2.4 better then 5.8 ?

These flights I used my iPhone 7 plus. Like I said only reason for the green screen was I turned the controller sideways so I could take a screen shot. I have an iPad mini 4 but do experience the same problems as everyone else... green screen, flickering etc. I am thinking about getting the new IPad Pro but I will admit the controller, 4hawks and iPad are already heavy. I can't imagine adding a bigger iPad to it. I am also thinking maybe just go FPV googles.

Jake,

there allways a hater (hammer) in the room... but great work. I'm thinking of upgrading to 4hawks XR too. did you install it yourself ?, my goal is vertical and horizontal distances .i just updated my AC (P4pro) to be able to do GPS +(speed) and 500 + so i need to be capable to do it with a stronger Signal..

Last edited:
there allways a hater (hammer) in the room... but great work. I'm thinking of upgrading to 4hawks XR too. did you install it yourself ?, my goal is vertical and horizontal distances .i just updated my AC (P4pro) to be able to do GPS +(speed) and 500 + so i need to be capable to do it with a stronger Signal..

Hey Andy, I can vouch that the 4Hawks Raptor XR kicks *** in heavy Wi-Fi congestion areas. Stock P4 could only manage 2-300 m and now I'm out to 1.6km (Then I chickened out and came home :) I can also run full 10Mbps video feed with no loss at those distances. These are directional aerials, so the trick is to keep pointing at the bird.

I think these range extenders are now proving more beneficial in that it gives you greater confidence of not losing your bird in these saturated Wi-Fi instead of being able to fly out of LOS.

RC mod is the same process as the MAXXuav RC mod , pretty easy install

Hey Andy, I can vouch that the 4Hawks Raptor XR kicks *** in heavy Wi-Fi congestion areas. Stock P4 could only manage 2-300 m and now I'm out to 1.6km (Then I chickened out and came home :) I can also run full 10Mbps video feed with no loss at those distances. These are directional aerials, so the trick is to keep pointing at the bird.

I think these range extenders are now proving more beneficial in that it gives you greater confidence of not losing your bird in these saturated Wi-Fi instead of being able to fly out of LOS.

RC mod is the same process as the MAXXuav RC mod , pretty easy install

thanks for the information my concern was installation. but just watched the video looks simple i don't want to push the envelope with out additional or stronger Signal. i know what you mean about being scared. i was about 1.8k ft above and stated to loose video link but my radio(RC) to AC had a solid communication but i backed down and got her home. is bad enough fling without LOS so my record is 1.8k ft. AGL for now :^)

Last edited:
**** I'd get to 350 ft., with the stock aerials, and lose video feed. Even if I fiddled with their angles it would still lose feed and that was at 4Mbps. With the directional aerials (DBS's and 4Hawks etc) you'll have to lie on your back and point to the sky if your going for altitude directly above you!! :^)

Never went over houses or into any city limits. Why you drive your vehicle one mile over the speed limit? I Was in the middle of a desert. No one around.

hey brother you don't need to explain yourself to anyone specially to hammer, is a free country (where I'm from U.S.) . we and I believe you. we are all adults here and we accept responsibility.. as RC fliers.

safe flying..

thanks for the information my concern was installation. but just watched the video looks simple i don't want to push the envelope with out additional or stronger Signal. i know what you mean about being scared. i was about 1.8k ft above and stated to loose video link but my radio(RC) to AC had a solid communication but i backed down and got her home. is bad enough fling without LOS so my record is 1.8k ft. AGL for now :^)
Instalation very easy the vidio makes it look tricky,if you can work a screwdriver you away,mine took under 1 hour,best investement yet ,long or short unenterupted flights,makes for good safe flights :)

Reactions: andyca57
Instalation very easy the vidio makes it look tricky,if you can work a screwdriver you away,mine took under 1 hour,best investement yet ,long or short unenterupted flights,makes for good safe flights :)

thank you for the reply, well if I'm right i just need to follow the wires from the old antenna and replace it with new equipment... going to take my time for sure again thank you for the reply...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj