Max altitude reduced

Reaction score
Greetings! All was fine with my P3S with height and distance until two days ago when my max altitude and distance were reduced to ca. 98 feet. I recalibrated my compass and IMU [Just in case], signed out and IN of my DJI account, reinstalled the most recent GO APP, which I had anyway. I still get the warning that my max altitude and distance has been reached at about 98 feet. On my flight log it says " No GPS" yet it shows I have 11 or 12 satellites on the GO APP. I do swap out batteries as needed to keep flying. I double checked I was not in the beginner mode. Any suggestions? This is really annoying. Previously I was flying at max altitude of about 396 feet and 2000 to 3000 feet horizontally. I live way out in the country with no interference.

Greetings! All was fine with my P3S with height and distance until two days ago when my max altitude and distance were reduced to ca. 98 feet. I recalibrated my compass and IMU [Just in case], signed out and IN of my DJI account, reinstalled the most recent GO APP, which I had anyway. I still get the warning that my max altitude and distance has been reached at about 98 feet. On my flight log it says " No GPS" yet it shows I have 11 or 12 satellites on the GO APP. I do swap out batteries as needed to keep flying. I double checked I was not in the beginner mode. Any suggestions? This is really annoying. Previously I was flying at max altitude of about 396 feet and 2000 to 3000 feet horizontally. I live way out in the country with no interference.
Hi, Charles!.....I have the very same problem!....Yesterday my first flight went fine, I flew up to about 400 ft and a little over 2000 feet out, distance. Landed after 14 minutes as the battery was low, Then I packed it all up in the car and then went over to my other favorite launch site ,using one xtra fully charged battery I got it all set up calibrated have the ladys voice...LIFT-OFF!.....Up it goes...to 93 feet and then I hear Maximum Altitude reached, then I fly it out just a ways and now...Maximum Distance Reached!.......I checked the DJI-App on Beginners Mode and it was Not. I also had the NO-GPS Message!........Hope you get solutions soon and I hope so the same for me!.....93 or 98 feet aint no fun!...........I echo the call for HELP!!

Does anybody know what Go App 3.1.14 has new? I'm still on 3.1.13, firmware 1.11.20, Remote 1.9.2 on P3A. Flys perfect.

Does anybody know what Go App 3.1.14 has new?
To answer your actual question, here is what is noted as being new with 3.1.14:

What's New in Version 3.1.14
Phantom Series:
- Added support for the Phantom 3 SE.
Osmo Mobile
- Fixed bugs causing slow motion failure when recording 1080p videos.
- Fixed bugs causing app freezing while recording videos at high frame rates and moving quickly.
Osmo +
- Added lens calibration.

To answer your actual question, here is what is noted as being new with 3.1.14:

What's New in Version 3.1.14
Phantom Series:
- Added support for the Phantom 3 SE.
Osmo Mobile
- Fixed bugs causing slow motion failure when recording 1080p videos.
- Fixed bugs causing app freezing while recording videos at high frame rates and moving quickly.
Osmo +
- Added lens calibration.
Thank you

Reactions: Oso
I just UNinstalled the DJI apps then I've REinstalled them and did a connect and I had to login on the one Ipad but not the other, did a calibration, checked to be sure I'm not in Beginner's Mode, Altitude Maximums were just what I had before which is 120 M.-------------I'm Charging up my ipads and in awhile go down to the park and see what happens!......I'll check back later!.....

Yes! Turning it Counter-Clockwize, first upright until green lights then front end down and turn it around till green lights
That's what I was afraid you would say.

FYI - Read this post for great information about compass calibrations. It is a terrific older post that was updated when the P3 was released. In a nutshell, you do not need to calibrate before every flight.

Personally, I rarely calibrate my compass but I do check the mod values before every flight to be sure they are between 1400 and 1600. Before launch, I also check that the heading indicator in the GO app is the same as what I can see visually when I look at my Phantom. That gives me another indication that my compass is fine and to NOT mess with it.

Cheers!

Last edited:
That's what I was afraid you would say.

FYI - Read this post for great information about compass calibrations. It is a terrific older post that was updated when the P3 was released. In a nutshell, you do not need to calibrate before every flight. It is in fact possible to get a "successful" calibration in a bad (magnetically influenced) location. Then when you launch, you move from the bad location and your P3 flies erratically.

Personally, I rarely calibrate my compass but I do check the mod values before every flight to be sure they are between 1400 and 1600. Before launch, I also check that the heading indicator in the GO app is the same as what I can see visually when you look at my Phantom. That gives me another indication that my compass is fine and to NOT mess with it.

Cheers!
Thanks!......I'll do some reading!..Thanks for the help!

Reactions: Oso

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj