Mavic pro vs Air

Reaction score
I know this is a phantom fours but this I thought was the best place to ask this. Should I get a Mavic Air or mavic pro? The reason why I am asking is yes the Mavic Air has all the extra things like rear facing sensors, internal storage etc. But the connection is though WiFi not occusync like the pro.

I have an Air and a Pro Platinum. I do see a big difference in the 100mbps video over the 60 of the Pro. I dont have vivid ND filters for the air yet, so I cant make my full comparison, but Im convinced the video is better. The HDR photos are nice. The APAS that literally dodges objects is amazing. The biggest downside is that the Air is not as fast or manueverable, and the experience in the goggles cant even be mentioned in the same sentence...But if I had to get just one, I think the Air for me.

I have an Air and a Pro Platinum. I do see a big difference in the 100mbps video over the 60 of the Pro. I dont have vivid ND filters for the air yet, so I cant make my full comparison, but Im convinced the video is better. The HDR photos are nice. The APAS that literally dodges objects is amazing. The biggest downside is that the Air is not as fast or manueverable, and the experience in the goggles cant even be mentioned in the same sentence...But if I had to get just one, I think the Air for me.
How do you find the range between them? And what sort of areas do you fly in ?
Thanks

I'm going to respectfully disagree with a couple points. I also own the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro Platinum and I find the Mavic Air takes better video and pics. The images seem more vivid and does better in low light. I think I can tell a difference between the MPP 60mb/s and the MA 100mb/s. MA wins on image quality.
However, the Mavic Air kind of sucks on range... sometimes. I've had it out in the middle of nowhere and it's range is fantastic, but then I take it to town and the amount of electrical interference makes my range only a couple 1000 feet. The MPP is GREAT on distance and has enough battery to actually film a bit when you get to that far off distance.
Speed: I've had them both to 45 mph.
Gimbal. Both have a 3 axis but the MA seems more stable. I get smoother video and with the MPP sometimes the gimbal makes the video a little bouncy. The gimbal on the MPP just looks fragile compared to the MA.
Noise: MPP is so quiet and it's at a lower pitch so it's seems less intrusive. The MA sounds like a loud swarm of bees.

Conclusion: I don't know. It depends on what you want to do. If you need the range and battery then go with MPP. If you'll be flying closer and need better image quality then get MA. Or if you want both you could get the M2P but I don't feel it's been field tested enough for me to drop that much money on it.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with a couple points. I also own the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro Platinum and I find the Mavic Air takes better video and pics. The images seem more vivid and does better in low light. I think I can tell a difference between the MPP 60mb/s and the MA 100mb/s. MA wins on image quality.
However, the Mavic Air kind of sucks on range... sometimes. I've had it out in the middle of nowhere and it's range is fantastic, but then I take it to town and the amount of electrical interference makes my range only a couple 1000 feet. The MPP is GREAT on distance and has enough battery to actually film a bit when you get to that far off distance.
Speed: I've had them both to 45 mph.
Gimbal. Both have a 3 axis but the MA seems more stable. I get smoother video and with the MPP sometimes the gimbal makes the video a little bouncy. The gimbal on the MPP just looks fragile compared to the MA.
Noise: MPP is so quiet and it's at a lower pitch so it's seems less intrusive. The MA sounds like a loud swarm of bees.

Conclusion: I don't know. It depends on what you want to do. If you need the range and battery then go with MPP. If you'll be flying closer and need better image quality then get MA. Or if you want both you could get the M2P but I don't feel it's been field tested enough for me to drop that much money on it.
Thanks for your honest opinion, do you edit your videos in post ?
What are your thoughts on the restricted video options of the air ie normal and dcin?
Thanks

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik