Mavic FPV goggles options and dji go vs litchi?

Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience with the mavic + some sort of goggle solution (temporary till the dji goggles come out).?

I originally thought i'd use the samsung s7 edge + vr gear goggles (v2 with external port), but the external port doesnt pass data.

So as of now I ordered a pair of cheap $25 goggles off amazon (i could also rig the vr gear to take a cable by moving the port, but then you need to tie down the phone).

I guess the disadvantage to any of this is that you lose the ability to use the app to do commands while they are in the goggles..

Option 2 was to buy a shield and use my existing headplay HD goggles via hdmi, which would allow both at once i guess?

So far i'm just going with amazon option until the real deal comes out..

On the front of apps.. i guess Litchi is the only app that works in VR mode? Would you use Litchi over DJI GO in general too (when in non-goggle mode)? There is a new DJI GO v4 out now too, not sure if it adds to this mix or not?

Thanks in advance

You are right we should wait to buy an expensive goggle until we hear about the specs and prices of DJI goggles. DJI goggles are expected to deliver 1080p quality "?" Whereas expensive goggles in the market deliver 720p resolution per eye.

Meanwhile if someone wants to have VR experience can decide to go for $25-30 VR goggles from Amazon, so many are available.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues