Maps on p4p+

Reaction score
I've searched but can't find the answer. P4P+ How do I cache maps onto built in android controller?

I don't know how to cache the maps onto the built in display, but when I made my iPhone a wifi hotspot and connected the android display to it, the map worked in real time.

To cache the maps simply go to the area of interest and move the map around (at a time when you do have WiFi access), then that area of the map should cache to your device.

You can also get maps in realtime while in the field by WiFi tethering to your cellphone.

Mine is not doing that or I have a setting wrong. I get maps with detail at home on wifi, I move the map around to look at other areas, but when i go out in the field, withouit wifi on built in p4p+ I get only lo res green blobs.

Mine is not doing that or I have a setting wrong. I get maps with detail at home on wifi, I move the map around to look at other areas, but when i go out in the field, withouit wifi on built in p4p+ I get only lo res green blobs.
There have been issues reported with Here (the new DJI map vendor) not properly caching satellite map imagery (although street detail seems to work.) I don't know if the problem has been fixed yet.

How do I make my iphone into a hot spot? If you please.

Go to SETTINGS on your iPhone. The 5th choice down the list is Personal Hotspot. Go into that and turn it on. Below the slider that turns it on is the Password you will need to enter on the DJI Android device when you select your phone Wifi. My Wifi says "Mark's iPhone"

Go to SETTINGS on your iPhone. The 5th choice down the list is Personal Hotspot. Go into that and turn it on. Below the slider that turns it on is the Password you will need to enter on the DJI Android device when you select your phone Wifi. My Wifi says "Mark's iPhone"
Thanks

Got my p4p controller yesterday. Like I said I bought the p4p+ a couple weeks ago but wanted a p4p controller so I can use 3rd party apps. I'm sending the new controller back to B&H. Couldn't get it to link, it wouldn't get past a message about checking frequencies, had mode 1 as the default and one of the boxes that just relates to use in China was selected. And it wont charge. I don't think it's the fault of B&H, they have always been great.

Apps are designed to cache only certain amount of map data unless you explicitly code for caching map data for large areas with finer details. If your app uses google maps API , there are restriction on caching map data. Map data is expensive and my guess is that the provider for google maps has restrictions thats being filtered down to the app developers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak