Manual mode to lose altitude?

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone is using manual mode to loose height quicker. If so, what is the best technique to do this?

It's been done but not commonly. Give yourself a lot of altitude for the recovery phase! Practice just flying manual first. And know how to get out of VRS.

Yeah, I guess its a good idea to learn to fly in manual mode first, but If you would spiral down in manual mode you shouldn't get into VRS normally right?

In manual mode you have to maintain attitude.
It would be very easy for the quad to begin tumbling especially if BLOS or too far to see it's orientation.

VRS may be your least concern but as was mentioned you'll need to learn just how far it can fall to (altitude) and still be able to recover itself once you switch back to GPS or Atti.

I use Manual mode descents when I need high altitude shots of large landscapes in Another country. I use the SH momentary switch on my 14SG radio for Manual on/off. I flick into MM until descent rate hits 8 to 10 m/sec, then release into ATTI or GPS until FC stabilizes to about 2 m/sec, then rinse and repeat. Fun stuff, big pucker factor. Fun watching in goggles the moderate tumbling in MM, then gradual FC recovery. Never had VRS in MM descent, but also never try it below 100 meters AGL. Been up a mile more than once, and lived to tell about it. Did I mention not in the US and not in busy air space?

Kelly

Reactions: Mako79
Manual mode - flip upside down - give throttle to speed down quickly - flip right side up and stop the descent.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

"Manual mode - flip upside down - give throttle to speed down quickly - flip right side up and stop the descent."

You have got to be sh1tting me!!! That sounds like a sure fire way to bury your phantom in a crater! Vid or it didn't happen!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers