Man killed retrieving drone/ was shocked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very sad. It's terrible when you hear about someone losing their life trying to save another individual. It's totally tragic to hear about someone losing ther life trying to save a drone.

Last edited:
451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 770-478-5753.

this,

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact [email protected] or call 770-478-5753.

this,
Was the story and the rest of the article was as sar said .
Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 7.10.42 AM.png

So I guess they were using a metal pole -- right? People electrocute themselves all the time with aluminum ladders --13KV is no joke. In many industries aluminum ladders are not permitted and the primary reason is electrocution. Some years ago, when Verizon employees were on strike, a couple of strikers thought they'd mess with Verizon by cutting a line on a pole but instead cut into a 13KV lower line. Both the guy doing the cutting and his girlfriend, also a Verizon employee, were killed in the plasma explosion that happened when he cut into the line. People have too little respect for electricity!

Brian

So I guess they were using a metal pole -- right? People electrocute themselves all the time with aluminum ladders --13KV is no joke. In many industries aluminum ladders are not permitted and the primary reason is electrocution. Some years ago, when Verizon employees were on strike, a couple of strikers thought they'd mess with Verizon by cutting a line on a pole but instead cut into a 13KV lower line. Both the guy doing the cutting and his girlfriend, also a Verizon employee, were killed in the plasma explosion that happened when he cut into the line. People have too little respect for electricity!

Brian

This

if that was my drone well time to buy a new one sad loss of life but IDIOT you are looking for trouble its not a tree ...........no disrespect to the dead intended

Last edited:
if that was my drone well time to buy a new one sad loss of life but IDIOT you are looking for trouble its not a tree ...........no disrespect to the dead intended
The article said it WAS in a tree but inadvertently touched power line.

This is what they call reporting these days. Thanks for quoting part 107 rules after a dude was KILLED trying to get his toy down.
Ya said what.gif

As much as I dislike to hear of loss of life...Evidently, humans don't possess the superior intelligence that they would like to believe they do. A.K.A. "Humans are stupid".
Unfortunately, I feel compelled to nominate this one for a "Darwin Award"

Reactions: macoman
Wouldn't be to quick to call humans stupid , accidents happen .
Maybe some make bad judgements but that don't make them stupid .

As much as I dislike to hear of loss of life...Evidently, humans don't possess the superior intelligence that they would like to believe they do. A.K.A. "Humans are stupid".
Unfortunately, I feel compelled to nominate this one for a "Darwin Award"
What lifeform are you aware of that is more intelligent than humans?

Reactions: roosta and dirkclod
The picture looks like a toy drone. Probably trying to get his kids toy out of a tree. I don't quite understand power lines close to a tree not insulated. There is a lot missing in this story and a whole bunch of false information. Loss of life very sad for this family.

I agree. The drone in the photo looked to be on the toy side and was probably just flying high enough to get stuck in the tree. I dont know if there is any truth to it, but I have heard that electricity can run through tree branches, due to the wet sap carrying the current.

What lifeform are you aware of that is more intelligent than humans?

There are, as I recall, about 5 other creatures with larger brains than humans including some dolphins. OTH, they don't have opposable thumbs so they can't really manipulate the world as humans can.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl