Making Money with a Drone

Reaction score
Recently I read of a website on Phantom Pilots that matched up people / businesses who wanted aerial pictures taken with drone operators. You could see those locations on a map and the type of pictures that they wanted to be taken. Can anyone remember the web address?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Good Luck on Drone Base....it's not ready for prime time yet. I have found that data is inaccurate. Many Houses that have pano missions are not even for sale....this means you will not get paid for that mission. You have to do your own research and this take time. Not just the time to check for accurate data but the time it takes to research your local ordinances to make sure in your county and city there are not laws against you doing these missions. Then you have to consider the privacy of the people affected by those missions. Remember every time you fly a drone and make someone mad it affects all of us drone pilots.

Thanks Ryan for the advice. I hope there is a way to contact Drone Base to make sure a mission is still active. Sounds like it would be better to contact the Real Estate Agency directly for jobs.

I have heard it's about $25-$35 per pano mission. The concept is good but imagine if you were at your house and someone pulled up to your neighborhood and started taking pictures flying above window level. You have to be careful. You need your 107 cert. You need insurance. You probably want to insure your drone for damage.

I have heard it's about $25-$35 per pano mission. The concept is good but imagine if you were at your house and someone pulled up to your neighborhood and started taking pictures flying above window level. You have to be careful. You need your 107 cert. You need insurance. You probably want to insure your drone for damage.

I've got insurance. 107 isn't too hard from what I hear (I can do that) and as for pano missions it's only for houses on sale and people with houses for sale should expect images right?

That and I figured you'd be polite

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've got insurance. 107 isn't too hard from what I hear (I can do that) and as for pano missions it's only for houses on sale and people with houses for sale should expect images right?

You probably don't have the typical $1mil commercial liability insurance yet (~$1500/yr) because any reputable insurance company requires you to have a Part 107 cert (or 333) first, before they will sell you their insurance policy. Most "homeowners" policies that cover for drone loss do not cover liability for commercial work.

If you go to Dronebase and sign up, then check out the pano jobs, many of the homes are not even on the market. If you knock on the door and ask the owner, you'll find out they aren't interested in drones flying around their house. There is no guarantee you'll get paid anything from Pano shoots. You will only be paid if DroneBase sells the shot to someone. You should think of those shots as practice, you likely won't get paid, and good luck with the home owners attitude.

After signing up and investigating DroneBase, it looks like a waste of time to me, compared to spending my time going out and soliciting services direct to real estate agents, wedding photographers that don't fly, construction companies wanting monthly video POI shots for their investors, etc.

That and I figured you'd be polite

No. Because from what I can tell the owners did not request drone footage even when listed as a mission on this app. My neighbors have their house for sale and they said they nor their agent requested any such thing, yet their house is listed on the app for a mission.

Good way to get the police called on you and be confronted by an angry homeowner.

No. Because from what I can tell the owners did not request drone footage even when listed as a mission on this app. My neighbors have their house for sale and they said they nor their agent requested any such thing, yet their house is listed on the app for a mission.

Good way to get the police called on you and be confronted by an angry homeowner.

Technically speaking you can fly from public property and there isn't much they can legally do about it because they don't own the airspace.

Also to not be a **** you can just ask politely for permission to take images and say you are working with a company that takes aerial photos of houses for sale and explain them how the process works. If they say no then thank them for their time and don't ask again.

Simple stuff

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav