Making money off of drone investments.

Reaction score
I've thought for quite a while now that the consumer drone market is not just a passing fad. It's here to stay and is only going to get exponentially bigger. Any one of us can attest to the interest in drones when we go out and fly in public. I truly think we are at the beginning of the drone revolution and being the capitalist pig that I am, naturally I'm thinking, "how can I cash in on this". :p

It's not just the drones either. It can be the bits and pieces that go into and makeup a drone such as the cams, gimbals and whatnot. For example, Ambarella, Inc. (AMBA). The makers of the video processing chips in many of the popular cams we all use. In the beginning of 2013 the stock price was around $12.00. It closed yesterday at $101.88! How about GoPro? With their drone coming out next year and all the other different technologies there investing in what do you think of them? Richard Branson's in. 3DR would bear keeping an eye on should they decide to go public. I believe DJI is a privately held company so that's not an option. (no pun intended)

I dunno, just thought I'd throw this out there and see what others think.
BOT

I fear that the public's and legislators' misplaced paranoia about consumer drones will eventually lead to the use of them being so regulated that only outlaws will be flying them! I think we have a small window within which to operate, but I plan to exploit the heck out of it! I also hope I am wrong. However, I wouldn't look at investing in the companies that make them and accessories for them as a long term play. More like a two year window of opportunity. Almost everyone I share the incredible video aerials from the 4K video on the P3P is more concerned about the unfounded potential invasion of privacy than the stunning quality of the aerial videography and still images! Sad.:confused:

Last edited:
Reactions: BlackOpsTeamster

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik