Major drifting

Reaction score
Hey guys I tried to fly my p2v today and about 5 seconds after hovering about 6 feet in air it started to take off vertically in the air and then also started veering to the left also. I could control the horizontal yaw but I could barely level out the drone by pressing the all the way down on the control stick. I ended up having to shut off all motors and catch the drone lol. It said I have 9 satellites as well. My battery is junk and only last about 3 minutes but I wouldn’t think that would make it fly away. Any help of what this could be? Thank you!

Meta4

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Hey guys I tried to fly my p2v today and about 5 seconds after hovering about 6 feet in air it started to take off vertically in the air and then also started veering to the left also. I could control the horizontal yaw but I could barely level out the drone by pressing the all the way down on the control stick. I ended up having to shut off all motors and catch the drone lol. It said I have 9 satellites as well. My battery is junk and only last about 3 minutes but I wouldn’t think that would make it fly away. Any help of what this could be? Thank you!
Since it's a P2 series, there's no log data to show what happened.
I'd ask what was the surface you launched from?
Was it reinforced concrete? - That could cause a yaw error and symptoms like you describe.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I had that happen to my P2V one day and was a compass issue. I had moved my tracker from one spot to another and hadn't re did the Dance and that was it. I recalibrated my compass and all was good .So if you have moved something or not flown it in awhile or as meta said .
Try recalibrating and see if that don't fix it. I had to do the same as you to get mine down but was quick enough and had a hay field to drop it in. Wasn't high .

Reaction score
But before you do Any Thing.." STOP " !!!!!!...please take care of that battery and Get a New ONE......you might Not be so lucky to hand catch it Next Time and with it Out of control You are at Risk for a possible bad really BAD Injury !.....Good Luck !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patrick T