Lowepro Drone 450 is too bloody small!

Reaction score
I don't carry much more than the average P4V2 flyer but this LowePro 450 Droneguard bag is far too cramped. I have to JAM the P4V2 down around the built-in bags. It's just NOT working and this is the largest bag that LowePro makes.
And suggestions?
I found this case...it's larger and has wheels.
HPRC PHA4-2700W Hard Case with Wheels for DJI Phantom 4 / Phantom 4 Pro / Phantom 4 Pro+

I don't want to damage my drone and this this case is compressing it. Really sad too as I really like LowePro products.
Thanks to all in advance

Attachments

• Complete kit.jpg
    Complete kit.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 346
  • Landing gear 1.jpg
    Landing gear 1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 338
  • Landing Gear.jpg
    Landing Gear.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 288
  • Motor cramped.jpg
    Motor cramped.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 354
  • Outside Pocket 1.jpg
    Outside Pocket 1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 330
  • Pocket Outside.jpg
    Pocket Outside.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 341
  • Remote Removal 1.jpg
    Remote Removal 1.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 324
  • Remote Removel.jpg
    Remote Removel.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 344
  • Side Bag 1.jpg
    Side Bag 1.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 310
  • Side Bag cramped.jpg
    Side Bag cramped.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 316
I use a Manfrotto D1.

In it I carry-
The P4 (duhh)
6 batteries (+ 1 in the drone if you want)
The remote + tablet extension
iPad 9.7"
Folding launch pad
Prop guards
Props
8 spare props
Rain proof cover for bag
Filters in case
Mem cards in metal case
Gloves
Remote strap
All cables
Anemometer
Sun shield for ipad

Could even squeeze the charger in if I wanted.
Dare say I could put an ultrabook laptop in too, but that's assuming the bag would have no manufacturing defect to make a strap snap with the weight.

Makes me wonder what all these Mavic guys mean when they say 'portable' haha. I've been up 3 mountains with my P4 and the only down side is my back gets sweaty :p

I use a Manfrotto D1.

In it I carry-
The P4 (duhh)
6 batteries (+ 1 in the drone if you want)
The remote + tablet extension
iPad 9.7"
Folding launch pad
Prop guards
Props
8 spare props
Rain proof cover for bag
Filters in case
Mem cards in metal case
Gloves
Remote strap
All cables
Anemometer
Sun shield for ipad

Could even squeeze the charger in if I wanted.
Dare say I could put an ultrabook laptop in too, but that's assuming the bag would have no manufacturing defect to make a strap snap with the weight.

Makes me wonder what all these Mavic guys mean when they say 'portable' haha. I've been up 3 mountains with my P4 and the only down side is my back gets sweaty :p
Big thanks! I will look at that! Considering today, the Nanuk 950 but its a monster!

Big thanks! I will look at that! Considering today, the Nanuk 950 but its a monster!
Just looked at the Manfrotto D1. Do you pack your bird with the landing gear up as they show? Thanks makes huge sense?

Just looked at the Manfrotto D1. Do you pack your bird with the landing gear up as they show? Thanks makes huge sense?

Yeh facing up when carrying long distance, then when you get it setup between locations you can flip it the other way and open a smaller part of the bag to allow the propellers to stick out... Grab and go kind of thing.

What a great solution! Found a used D1 on Ebay and $99. Huge thanks for your input!

AND, I pulled the P4V2 out of the Lowepro and stuck it back in, upside down. Easy in and easy out. Much less tension and compression on the P4! Wow!
Wonder why Lowepro didn't think of that? Thanks Monki77!

Reactions: monki77
I bought the Lowepro DroneGuard which is kinda like a basket. Works great and fits in my motorcycle topcase.
I screwed some D rings to each corner and made some straps and a shoulder sling to carry for longer distances.
Literally unsnap the retainer, pull out phantom, put out controller with iPad already attached and fire everything up.
Cheap too at $33 on Amazon

Works totally fine - props off. And I’d say having landing gear on outside is more stable and sturdier than the other way around.
And if you are moving around on site & want to leave props on, the center section of the top unzips
And you put the bird in landing gear down, and the flap folds over the body & clips shut, leaving arms & props sticking out. Fine for hiking or walking around outside.
It’s a very well thought out bag.
I love it a lot...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj