Low voltage landing

I would do a maintenance on that battery.Let it discharge to 8% then after it has cooled, recharge it to 100%..I would get the air data app.It keeps track of batteries,drones flights.You upload your Dji files right to it.I use the upgraded version for $6.00 a month.This app will tell you if you have a bad cell in your battery it tells you everything that happened during flights.How hot how many amps it is a must have app in my opinion.

What exactly is 'fully charged' as nobody have 100% battery at the moment of take off. I mostly have somewhere around 96% of battery usually few hours after charging or the next day even?

What exactly is 'fully charged' as nobody have 100% battery at the moment of take off. I mostly have somewhere around 96% of battery usually few hours after charging or the next day even?

It means recently charged to 100%, rather than already flown and partially discharged, or charged days previously and possibly having entered its self-discharge process.

Today I had an undesired landing due to battery critical low voltage. I started the flight with somethng like 70% remaining battery....after several days since my last flight with te same battery. I know: I was wrong, you should never start to fly with less than 100% freshly charged battery.

Maybe this is irrelevant to the discussion at hand (then again, maybe not), but what was the discharge cycle for that particular battery set for? As @sar104 touched on above, maybe the battery was already in state of discharging.

You can easily be in the situation where charging the batteries is not possible for few days. So if you want to take shots with the drone you can do that with only 60% of battery or something like that. Permanent risky situation, right?

You can easily be in the situation where charging the batteries is not possible for few days. So if you want to take shots with the drone you can do that with only 60% of battery or something like that. Permanent risky situation, right?
Very risky and the way that quite a few Phantoms have been lost.
Unless the battery is fully charged, the % indicator will give a false idea of the battery's ability to support flight.
The voltage is what matters - not the % shown.
In the OP's case the cell voltage dropped to 3.3V (critical level) within 6 seconds of startup despite the app showing 62%.

OK And what about 80%. Can you relay on that?
Or at least safer than 60%?

OK And what about 80%. Can you relay on that?
Or at least safer than 60%?
If the battery isn't fully charged, the % indication is false and meaningless.
There's a good reason for DJI to recommend only flying with a fully charged battery.
To do otherwise is asking for trouble and we've seen lots of examples of how that can end up.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj