Lost your drone, put up a missing persons flyer of course

Reaction score
Lol. A sign of things to come?

QVkImnE.jpg

I put a label on mine by the battery with my number to call. Mine also has a trackimo, so I'm coming after it they don't call.

Unfortunately, people are starting to realize the dollar value of these quads, and considering 99% of human beings are greedy scumbags, I doubt there will be many reunion posts as time goes on...

People hand in found wallets full of money all the time. Have a bit of faith in humanity, I do.
That's just part of the improbability principle and the law of large numbers. You only hear about the ones that get turned in. Think of the number of lost wallets that don't get returned. I'm a numbers guy, it's hard to have faith.

Two things.

1. A sticker with your contact information costs a few cents and is worth doing even if it only increases the odds of recovery from zero to 1%. I put mine in English and Spanish.

2. If the drone went down hard it will likely be in pieces. Those pieces are worth more to us than a stranger since we will likely then be able to recover our SD cards and flight logs and file for a warranty repair or pay for repairs. Cash in hand as a reward will be worth a lot more to a stranger than trying to pay to fix a broken drone and then buying a $590 controller from a DJI reseller.

So the bottom line is that I'd put some contact info on the drone and hope someone makes the "nice" decision to return your downed drone. Personally I hope to never have to find out whether or not I am being overly optimistic in humanity.

On another note, what do you all think is an appropriate reward to offer for a recovered drone?

Two things.

1. A sticker with your contact information costs a few cents and is worth doing even if it only increases the odds of recovery from zero to 1%. I put mine in English and Spanish.

2. If the drone went down hard it will likely be in pieces. Those pieces are worth more to us than a stranger since we will likely then be able to recover our SD cards and flight logs and file for a warranty repair or pay for repairs. Cash in hand as a reward will be worth a lot more to a stranger than trying to pay to fix a broken drone and then buying a $590 controller from a DJI reseller.

So the bottom line is that I'd put some contact info on the drone and hope someone makes the "nice" decision to return your downed drone. Personally I hope to never have to find out whether or not I am being overly optimistic in humanity.

On another note, what do you all think is an appropriate reward to offer for a recovered drone?
I put sticker on mine with $$REWARD + cell phone. I was thinking $100-200. The battery might be OK after a crash. It's the right thing to do to take responsibility for any damages or injuries. Your mother would want you to put your name on your drone.

I saw a 'lost phantom' poster in a shop recently (Hams, Worcester UK) - but I know the area where it went missing and there are power lines nearby.

It's just something else to go wrong for the genuine user, in a device that's already over-complex :)

Think of car immobilisers - how many genuine owners have been locked out of their car (or stranded) ?

It would be nice to have some sort of password lock out, so the MB is useless unless the password is removed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic