Lost signal

D

DrewFlies

Was flying around by house near my field. No different than any other practice run. I have flown in same exact area at least 20 times already. The bird was no more than 100ft above me. Maybe 20 meters away and I was starting to fly out like any other time I have done same spot. All of a sudden video signal was very choppy. I decided to fly it closer to me. Completely lost video signal. Read no signal on pilot app. About 5-10 seconds it came back on. I brought it down closer let hover for a moment. Stopped recording press record again and everything seemed fine. Went out again 100' up maybe 30 meters out. Video became choppy again and lost signal. I seemed to have control of the bird with r/c still so I flew it close to me again. Not too much of a big deal. But, why no signal at such a close range and no interferance. Atennas pointed like there suppose to in same direction I have every other time and no problem. Would kind of scare me at further distances when I can't see the bird and bothers me for being so close with no signal. Running latest firmware. 1.1.9 and latest pilot app for android. Samsung s5.

....and you have calibrated the controller as well, right?

....and you have calibrated the controller as well, right?

I checked imu and said calibrated not needed. Went to calibrate r/c. While in my house, bird turned off. There was no other options after pressing calibrate r/c on pilot app. Went to calibrate when I was outside with bird and remote turned on. Pilot app mentioned something about have something turned off cant remember.

Sounds like you were getting radio signal interference on the 2.4 ghz range. Try again another day and see if all is well. If it is your signal was getting chopped up with a stronger signal nearby. May not be anything wrong, just interference.

I checked imu and said calibrated not needed. Went to calibrate r/c. While in my house, bird turned off. There was no other options after pressing calibrate r/c on pilot app. Went to calibrate when I was outside with bird and remote turned on. Pilot app mentioned something about have something turned off cant remember.

As long as you have your quad in the proper location, you can never hurt anything by doing calibrations regardless if the app says it needs it or not.

The only thing I can think of is that the controller not being charged which would contribute to something like this.

Or possibly the app becoming corrupt somehow and needing down loaded again?

Was flying around by house near my field. No different than any other practice run. I have flown in same exact area at least 20 times already. The bird was no more than 100ft above me. Maybe 20 meters away and I was starting to fly out like any other time I have done same spot. All of a sudden video signal was very choppy. I decided to fly it closer to me. Completely lost video signal. Read no signal on pilot app. About 5-10 seconds it came back on. I brought it down closer let hover for a moment. Stopped recording press record again and everything seemed fine. Went out again 100' up maybe 30 meters out. Video became choppy again and lost signal. I seemed to have control of the bird with r/c still so I flew it close to me again. Not too much of a big deal. But, why no signal at such a close range and no interferance. Atennas pointed like there suppose to in same direction I have every other time and no problem. Would kind of scare me at further distances when I can't see the bird and bothers me for being so close with no signal. Running latest firmware. 1.1.9 and latest pilot app for android. Samsung s5.

Try rebinding your controller. I've read that others have had success mitigating this problem by doing so.

Since we are on this topic, how often is it needed to recalibrate the compass? When I open my app, it usually says "Normal" under the compass. Do I need to calibrate every single time I fly, regardless if I've flown in the same area 10 times?

Happens to me sometime...RF interference some apps are available bto see the 2.4ghz spectrum. They show you what's going on near you. A jogger running the lap track were I fly had 2.4 wireless head set on and grounded me. Went back across the street to home and no problem. Welcome to RFI land. :)

Guys, not trying to hijack here.......but I notice frequently I get that "gimbal overload" thing when trying to take off from grass. I assume because the camera can't calibrate itself (or whatever it does when it first starts up). Is it suggested to takeoff from pavement or complete flat surface? I'd like my "home" to be on grass is my only concern, or am I doing something wrong? Scared me the first time I had a flight............I'm like "Ohhhh great my camera is busted already!""

Yes, flat surface is better than grass. You may want to buy a landing pad, or take off from a hard case if you have one. You can get a cheap carpet protector from Staples or an office supply store which can be rolled up for transport or storage

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic