lost signal 2 times today..

Reaction score
Hi all

I was out testing today. I lost my fpv signal 2 times. Had to land and start up to get it again... any tried that before?

I fly on the latest firmware.. can I reconnect while its in air?

No idea on reconnect.
On latest app version (1.2) and firmware 1.1.9) it happened to me this morning. The bird had to be landed and power cycled to restore the video signal. Best part is the video channel was stable the whole time??

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435403992.524417.jpg

My last two flights my P3P using an iPhone 6+ cut out any video or telemetry data at 63% and 50%. I did not try to unplug and restart. This was my 30th and 31st flight, it hasn't done this before.

I've had the same issue the last three times I've flown but it seems to be related to recording video. First time it happened I was literally out in the middle of no where, no cell phone reception and not a building for 50 miles. Flew for 10 minutes taking photos all within 100 yards of me with no issues. Hit the record video button and lost video.

Second time, I was flying in town with a bunch of metal buildings around. Flew around for about 5 minutes with no issues, hit the record video button and lost signal within 5 seconds.

Third time I was in a rural part of town with cell reception but no buildings. Flew for a few minutes with no issues hit the record button and dropped signal. Brought the bird back power cycled and no issues afterwards recording or anything.

Each time the quad has been within 100 yards of me and with the last two 50 yards. Each time I have to cycle the bird to get signal back. I re-linked the controller to the quad between the second and third flight but it didn't help. Any thoughts?

I am on pilot app 1.2.0 (android) and firmware 1.2.8 (P3A).
Far from being perferect, the app happens to crash once or twice on a whole battery flight time (20 minutes).
But, and that's something new to me since I upgraded craft and app, when the app crash it is re-launched automatically, so I'm blinded for less than 10 seconds. And I do not have to power cycle anything to have it working again.
Not the perfect way to behave, but fine so far.

By the way, my tablet is a nexus 7 II that I use only to fly.
Only my experience.
Ciao

Each time the quad has been within 100 yards of me and with the last two 50 yards. Each time I have to cycle the bird to get signal back. I re-linked the controller to the quad between the second and third flight but it didn't help. Any thoughts?
I too was within 50ish meters of the transmitter with a clear line of sight within the same area both times when it cut out. I'm not sure if it is a function of the battery life, or the location of the craft. Both times it was getting low on battery life so I was bringing close to home

Hi guys. I tested the drone today in the same area.. Had no problem today.. Tested it well. Flew behind trees, long distance, short distance..

Hi guys. I tested the drone today in the same area.. Had no problem today.. Tested it well. Flew behind trees, long distance, short distance..

Happens to me as well ,yesterday I flew at the school across the street and no troubles 4 batteries depleted, sometimes I cannot get any connection at all at the location, so I pack up and leave. Interference from something so I understand it! and just don't fly in that area when it's happening.

I swear that once a girl was jogging the loop track that I was in the middle of with wireless head phones on! you know the large type. Could not get anything no connection at all. Went home back across the street everything was fine. It's something to be very aware of, as SO many electronics use 2.4g now. Some are dirty bleeders too.

I got the signal lost error yesterday. I was about a mile away. It kept the signal lost error on the screen all the way up to returning home and landing. I was flying perfect but the error just stayed on the screen. I had to turn off the Phantom to resolve the issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20