Lost drones, how common?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm working on a project regarding lost drones. Hearing about flyaways and people losing their drones is no fun. I would appreciate it very much if you could spend 3 minutes of your times and answer this super short survey.

Lost Drone Survey

Thanks and have a great flight.

3 minutes? It was only 3 questions. More like 3 seconds. In any case, one thing you'll find is that by far, lost drones are almost always "pilot error".

Done. Good luck.

Reactions: Stiletto
They are also less and less likely to fly away or even have a pilot error with each progressive model. I've seen tons of p2 fly away videos. No to many p4p fly away videos.

I lost my first p2 but I reckon it was my own fault I now always do a small return to home test on the first battery send it up 10m and out 10m flick the RH and make sure all it good to go. And I now know to flick it in to Atti if all goes tits lol.

They are also less and less likely to fly away or even have a pilot error with each progressive model. I've seen tons of p2 fly away videos. No to many p4p fly away videos.
True, the more technology advances the more reliable drones will be. However, drones will become more simple and easier to operate, resulting in drones entering new markets and being attractive to new audiences (See DJI Spark)

I lost my first p2 but I reckon it was my own fault I now always do a small return to home test on the first battery send it up 10m and out 10m flick the RH and make sure all it good to go. And I now know to flick it in to Atti if all goes tits lol.

Would appreciate it if you could fill out the survey (not sure if you already did)

Losing a drone is the worst feeling ever! Glad you moved on and hope it was your last one! :)

Haha, should I add a few questions? :)
Definitely. Maybe some more in depth like "If you had a "flyaway", was the cause determined?", "If so, what was the cause (mechanical fault, pilot error (specifics))?", etc.

Is this a media spam to give us more bad press?? "Headlines, incompetent drone users lose their drone. Could one hit your home".

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl