Loss of Transmission Signal

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im new to the forums today and also new to Quadcopters in general. I took my new Phantom 3 SE out of the box a few days ago and have been making a few test flights. Of course with all the automation its quite simple. The problem I have been facing is that the drone will barely fly 50 meters and lose the transmission signal from the RC. I get that annoying Red bar flashing on my screen stating the signal has been lost.

This is what I have done:
I synced the RC with the drone again just in case
I have ordered a parabolic range extender just for the heck of it, but this will take some time to arrive.
Moved the RC antenna straight up (in fact in all directions

After seeing all the videos I cannot believe its normal that the drone will only fly at this distance. What could be wrong and do you have any suggestions?

Transmission distance will also be affected by other RF fields including WIFI, nearby cell towers, your cellphone if WIFI is enabled, etc. Have you tried flying in a different place where there might be less interference?

I say 50, maybe even 60-70 but I guess thats still very low
Believe me, your 5.8 ghz connection is broken. It could be your antenna or the wire to the antenna. When there is a disturbance of your WiFi signal you still get distances of more than 150 meters.

I had the same problem with my Phantom 3 SE, the signal got lost after 200/300 meters.

After recording the flight on my iPad I went back to the store and the seller came to the conclusion that there was indeed a problem with the connection and took the drone back and refunded my money. ...

That is my issue, and have gone to a lake without any interference, i guess I should contact DJI?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20