Loss of connection following rebuild

Reaction score
Following a brief encounter with a tree, I've had to rebuild my P3A.

I replaced the shell, gimbal yaw arm and the ribbon cable. Since then I've also replaced all of the cables in an attempt to rectify the problem.

The bird flies well enough, but I keep losing video connection to it, while being told that there is no SD card.

Also when switching to photo mode, the image on the tablet breaks up, switching back to video mode, the picture returns.

Here is a screen capture of it happening.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PS, please excuse the state of the kitchen!

Any ideas please?

That sure looks like a bad connection issue to me. As in a, gimbal flat cable connections, or wire harness/ harness connectors.

When it stopped in your video, did it stop on it's own, or did you to select it to stop to end the video?

If stays on after selecting the record button, while watching the broken display, try moving the wire harness to see if you can notice even the slightest change in the broken video. If you see a flicker or change in the display then you know where to continue searching further. If you do not see any change, then drop down the gimbal and check the plug connections. You will want to look for loose wire pins, and bent pins also.

Thanks for your response, I thought it was a bad connection somewhere, so I stripped it down again after rebuilding it and checked all of the connections.

When it was still the same, I stripped it down again and replaced all of the cables (using Part 42).

The only one I haven't replaced is the gimbal ribbon cable, I've now ordered another one.

With regard to the video, I was switching it back and forth between the photo and video modes, (it was OK in video mode). I stopped recording at the end.

Do you think this is related to the complete loss of connection I am also getting intermittently?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.