Looking to upgrade from Phantom 3 pro

Reaction score
As per title. Not sure whether to pull the trigger on a Mavic pro 2 or hang on any see if or when a new Phantom model is released. Anybody in the same boat?

I'm also a P3P owner and absolutely love it. I'm strictly a hobbyist so I'm in no need of upgrading, but latest info seems to point to a P5 coming at some point. Personally I prefer the Phantom over the Mavic for purely aesthetic reasons so I'm patiently waiting for what DJI brings out next.

Reactions: Greybush
I would love to get the Mavic 2 Pro for 2 reasons: 1) its portable and more versatile for what I do, and 2) the camera, but here in Canada the M2P is over CAN$2000 just for the drone and that does not include any extras I would need to get like another battery, charger (Fly More Combo), and Care Refresh, so the price keeps going up and I can't see spending that much money at this time. Other more pressing family expenses to worry about right now (like replacing a vehicle and fixing a couple of appliances :(.

With that in mind, the other day I was out on the ice with my Phantom 3 Standard doing a waypoints mission and then taking photos of the sunset before I packed up, and was very surprised at how the pano of the sunset turned out considering that the light was low and changing rapidly.

Here's one of the shots:

P3S-0597-Edit-3.jpg

Manual exposure, ISO: 100, Shutter Speed 1/13, F2.8 (fixed)

I assembled the images in photoshop and did minor colour correction.

I have been flying my P3S a lot this winter and am continually surprised at what it can do especially with the right settings and lighting conditions.

The only real advantage that I can see for me to consider a new phantom model in the future would be if it outperformed the M2P in cold weather. My Spark gimbal does not pitch it's whole range when I fly it in below zero weather (celcius) whereas I have never had a problem with my Phantom.

Chris

Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20