Looking to buy a 3 SE

Reaction score
So ive never owned a drone...

We have a 600 acre farm with 750 cows and the ability to check feed and water remotely would be a signifcant time saver.

The farm is 1 mile wide and relatively flat.

Can the 3 SE cover this area reliably out of the box? I have read conflicting information...

My plan is to set a route for checking stock water tanks and then manually fly in FPV for monitoring feed depending on livestock location.

We have a 600 acre farm with 750 cows and the ability to check feed and water remotely would be a signifcant time saver.

Can the 3 SE cover this area reliably out of the box? I have read conflicting information...

My plan is to set a route for checking stock water tanks and then manually fly in FPV for monitoring feed depending on livestock location.

It may struggle, I would spend a bit more and get a phantom 3 advanced or pro.

Reactions: lachlan.fordyce

A P3 Advanced or Pro will buy you more range and stronger video.

If you want FPV then you can fit a HDMI module to the advanced controller and link it to a pair of fat shark FPV goggles, the quality is excellent, the module is around $100 and the glasses vary between $200-$300 dollars, a cheaper option is to buy a cheap plastic set of FPV goggles available on EBay and use an app called CAVU (android only)

If you want FPV then you can fit a HDMI module to the advanced controller and link it to a pair of fat shark FPV goggles, the quality is excellent, the module is around $100 and the glasses vary between $200-$300 dollars, a cheaper option is to buy a cheap plastic set of FPV goggles available on EBay and use an app called CAVU (android only)
If I have to start with a drone and then have to buy an HDMI module (+ $ 100) and FPV glasses (+ $ 350) with a P3A or P3P (an unscheduled drone), I would expand my search field and go to a Phantom 4.

Or just choose a P3SE ($ 600) who can meet all my expectations with my budget.

Hi i am assuming you are in the USA I live in Australia I own A P3Se and I would say no don’t buy one buy something else The P3Se At distance requires there to be absolutely nothing between you and the drone. As soon as you dropped lower then 400ft. At distance To view your property the video signal would drop out and it will need to RTH At distance the drone reaction time to your inputs is slow and basically cancels any low flying Donot buy a Mavic Air

Reactions: chatikib
If I have to start with a drone and then have to buy an HDMI module (+ $ 100) and FPV glasses (+ $ 350) with a P3A or P3P (an unscheduled drone), I would expand my search field and go to a Phantom 4.

Or just choose a P3SE ($ 600) who can meet all my expectations with my budget.

Dude where did you come from? No one was advising you, we were advising lachlan-fordyce about his choices.

Honey, I am responding to a public forum where you don't have an exclusive right. I give my opinion and respond to your daydreams.

First I ain’t your honey, the OP was asking about the 3SE, then along you came and jumped into a thread without offering any advice other than saying that my suggestion makes the idea over priced, who cares what you think, I certainly don’t that’s for sure.

You stick with the 3SE and see how long it takes to be disappointed with it like many have.

What is wrong my friend. Is it hard to receive contradiction?

It’s not a contradiction my friend, it’s a useless opinion in a thread about wether the 3SE is worth having

Both of you just made my block list

It’s not a contradiction my friend, it’s a useless opinion in a thread about wether the 3SE is worth having

Both of you just made my block list

Ah, you don't have a P3SE and no experience with this drone, but you have a clear opinion about it. Yes, you may block me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1