Looking for sunshade for the new 10.9inch iPad air

Reaction score
I am getting the iPad for my daily use but I would like to use it with my remote as well. I can't seem to find a sunshade around that size. Can someone recommend one if you know any?
Thank you!

I am getting the iPad for my daily use but I would like to use it with my remote as well. I can't seem to find a sunshade around that size. Can someone recommend one if you know any?
Thank you!
I would look on Amazon for one that fits the 11” iPad Pro.

I've never had a 90 degree angle sunshade work. My sunlit face is always reflected back at me. Best to use a sunshade that has a back to roof angle of somewhere around 60-75 degrees (depending on the depth of the shade) so any reflection you see will be the dark underside of the shade -- basically no reflection at all.

I saw a YouTube video where the guy suggested a cutting out a piece of cardboard and bending the bottom to 90 degrees and then sticking it in the mount that you are using between the top edge and the tablet.
I had a Kellogg cereal box that was empty so I have Tony the Tiger blocking the sun for me.
Inexpensive and a cheap way to see how you like having a mount on your controller.

Reactions: Phill2
Hi did you find anything in the end. I have just bought the new 10.9" ipad air but here is literally nothing available.

Would an 11" work?

I want something proper and not make something naff out of cardboard!

Hi did you find anything in the end. I have just bought the new 10.9" ipad air but here is literally nothing available.

Would an 11" work?

I want something proper and not make something naff out of cardboard!
No I really didn't feel like spending the money for a commercial solution, it's not that often I'm flying and the sun is an issue. I'm usually out at dawn or dusk, but if I do get a chance to fly in the afternoon I have my Tony the Tiger Kellogg's box shade to provide shade on my tablet.
This link is to the guy that inspired me to use a simple sun screen the part about the sun screen is at about the 4:47 mark in his video.
Simple sun shade
This next link shows a commercial solution that looks like a good solution if you use a phone with your controller
Nice commercial solution

Thanks for the reply. I've just ordered from amazon, getting it tomorrow, hope it works on my 10.9 ipad air:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav