looking for some advice, Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hello all I am new here, I have Phantom 4 which was damaged, the battery was dead and a gimble frame had a crack.

I have now replace both of these, and I can now fly the phantom 4. taking it out for the first time, I noticed that picture shakes.

any advice and what this could be?

Test flight link here

Last edited:
Motor and this bracket.

Attachments

• 20210714_210238.jpg
    20210714_210238.jpg
    450.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210714_205903.jpg
    20210714_205903.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 20210714_205538.jpg
    20210714_205538.jpg
    374.8 KB · Views: 113
  • 20210713_214400.jpg
    20210713_214400.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 107
Could you explain to me which one is the roll motor or is there a link to replacement of one?

Did you do the gimble calibration to try help,props out of balance can produce shake also,are they new,,lots of props on the market and quality can vary,some scales will confirm they all equal

Reactions: Stevie_a
There is a good chance if your Gimbal took that much of an impact your yaw motor, which the Gimbal literally hangs off will have sensor damage. I had a heavy landing and my Gimbal just rocked gently from side to side. It wouldn't calibrate all the way through it's cycle. I replaced the Gimbal Yaw motor, but used the old outer casing which is calibrated by DJI. Sorted for around £35.
Theres a good video on replacing the Yaw motor on YouTube which explains about swapping old onto new. I looked at my damaged Yaw motor with a USB microscope and could actually see where the forward impact had forced the outer casing into the armature and chipped a piece of off the tiny position sensor, result, the motor couldn't find it's centre position and just rocked back and fourth hunting for the damaged sensor.

Good luck.
I was very hesitant but settled for Banggood for the yaw motor.It turned out to be spot on.
Couldn't find a genuine one anywhere. There are two types!

Sorry you’re having problems all the stories I’ve read with these kind of problems it’s best to send it in not to Dji but there’s a lot of drone shops they could probably fix it for pretty cheap

This appears to be a P3. are you sure the motors are compatible with a P4
After reading this says it came off a p4 ,,,,what country you in,,,I'll see if I still have my old p4 ones,,,I can mail it out if you are unable to get one local,,maybe someone closer than NZ will help you out with one,,if not and if mine looks ok I'll send it at no charge,,I dont have p4 at the moment but happy to help
Screenshot_20210920-094926_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that it says it came off of a P4. but the photo in the ad showing a P3 would concern me. Maybe DroneTed or another expert can verify whether the motors in a P3 and a P4 gimbal are interchangeable, or that the picture of just the motor is a correct P4 motor.
I just worry when I see an incorrect photo.

I agree that it says it came off of a P4. but the photo in the ad showing a P3 would concern me. Maybe DroneTed or another expert can verify whether the motors in a P3 and a P4 gimbal are interchangeable, or that the picture of just the motor is a correct P4 motor.
I just worry when I see an incorrect photo.
Ha I did read before I had bit of a look at picture,,wonder why they do that,,easy enough to take photo of p4 gimble,,typical Ebay add,,,,!,

Last edited by a moderator:
Took it back out today, tried to film a clip for work. I wanted to try the option of new props as i had a brand new DJI set still in the wrapper as ianzone had suggested as if that it was the easiest fix. ( by the way I'm in UK)
If you look when turning it is stable but when still it shakes.

Link to flight ( don't worry this was just a test flight not actual video :) )

I seen this yaw motor on Amazon does look good?
or is there a better place to buy it ?
and do you think it will fix this problem ?

Yaw motor here

Last edited:
Hello again !!

I am now going to replace the Yaw motor on my P4

I was looking on e-bay at these two and note that the numbers on the ribbon are different, how do i know i am getting the correct one or do i need to strip my own down first

these are the two i was looking at :
1st one here

2nd one here

or is there a better place to get it at a reasonable price ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan