Looking after batterys

Reaction score
I charged up my battery fully last night in preperation to fly today, but now im not sure im gonna get put, the weather is awful..

Question is what do i do with my battery?

Leave it alone and it will look after itself?

Or discharge it myself?

Darren

I will hopefully use it again this time next week, is it ok to leave it that long fully charged? Will it still be 100% charged this time next week or will i need to top it up?

Darren

You'll need to top it off, more than likely. It's dependent on how you have the discharge settings in DJI Go. From 2 to 10 days to discharging to approximately 50%.

You'll need to top it off, more than likely. It's dependent on how you have the discharge settings in DJI Go. From 2 to 10 days to discharging to approximately 50%.

but ok to just leave it as it is right now?

Darren.
DJI has allowed the self-discharge to be set between 2-10 days. Set it for the minimum. Recharge before next flight and don't worry.

One hour before you want it .... switch on battery - connect to charger and let it top up.

Reason to switch on first - is when the battery is near charged - it will not start charging if you do not switch on and then connect with it still on.

If you charge up and don't use - leave it alone and let it self-discharge. I have mine set to 3 days.

Nigel

Ok thanks guys, i need to chrck m discharge time, Nigel what do you mean when you say switch on first? You meany turn on the battery outside of the aircraft?

Darren

Yes, he means to power the battery on and then connect it to the battery charger. That is only necessary if the battery is mostly charged and will not start charging when you connect it to the battery charger. If you connect the battery and it starts charging, then there is no need to power it on first.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga