Longer Lasting Battery Help!

REALLY not sure how galencg10 is getting 19-20 mins on a 4000mah battery. :?

I have a turnigy 6000mah battery. I get 22 minutes of flight time before red light. I am ~60 grams overweight but running upgrade to the 9" props. She flys satisfactory.
This is the highest you should go.

But, I will say the new microstar 4000mah is IMPRESSIVE and will fit inside (with modification). You SHOULD be getting around 16 minutes with that battery.

So here are the best options:

2800mah = ~12mins (no mod required)
4000mah = ~16mins (mod required to door)
6000mah = ~22mins (mod required for shelf)

OI Photography said:
R0tten said:
REALLY not sure how galencg10 is getting 19-20 mins on a 4000mah battery. :?

Don't let it bother you :) Without knowing all the other relevant variables (weight, etc etc) you can't really make a comparison.

Word

I bought a couple 2800mah lipos and with the prop guards off I can get 14-15min till 1st level warning.

Thanks for all the tips, guys!

I actually purchased 4 original stock batteries, how can I do a double-battery setup with them? Will that help increase filght times?

Also, side question, do they sell multi-battery chargers for these batteries?

You can parallel charge lipo batteries, but it's sort of a finicky thing. You need to get a couple splitter cables for the balance and main plugs, or you can build/buy yourself a parallel charging board. Either will work.

The packs have to be within a couple tenths of a volt before you start charging and should be the same size, etc. Also, your charging time will be doubled since the charging current will be split up between the two batteries. If you do three or four, charging time goes up even more.

I just charge them separately

Green_Phantom said:
You can parallel charge lipo batteries, but it's sort of a finicky thing. You need to get a couple splitter cables for the balance and main plugs, or you can build/buy yourself a parallel charging board. Either will work.

The packs have to be within a couple tenths of a volt before you start charging and should be the same size, etc. Also, your charging time will be doubled since the charging current will be split up between the two batteries. If you do three or four, charging time goes up even more.

I just charge them separately
Gotcha. Do these splitters work for the double-battery setup as well?

Was out yesterday with the 4000mAh battery and had easily 20 minutes before it started any warnings (red LED only when powering it into a high speed climb).
My rig was flying 'naked' at the time (no camera/gimbal) but with prop guards.

lostkiwi said:
Was out yesterday with the 4000mAh battery and had easily 20 minutes before it started any warnings (red LED only when powering it into a high speed climb).
My rig was flying 'naked' at the time (no camera/gimbal) but with prop guards.

You had the Multistar Turnigy 4000mAh? That's some pretty good results.

4 batteries came in the mail today! Nothing special, just the original ones that came with the Phantom.

One more question, let's say I charge these batteries up and I leave them there, how long do they last before they start to lose energy?

Charge them to 3.8-3.85V per cell. That's right around where the "storage sweet spot" is.

Fully charging them and then just letting them sit is bad for them and you'll see a decrease in the amount of usable charge cycles you'll get out of your pack.

Tested my single 2200 against the dual setup (the ones that mount on the sides)...got 12 minutes with the single and 18 with the dual. Keep in mind that I am also running 9443 props and prop guards (no camera was mounted as well). I am gonna try to mess around with other ideas I have involving the dual mounting system.

Of course one thing to bear in mind as we extend our flying time is that if we have a flyaway its going to be a devil to find where it went!

Green_Phantom said:
Charge them to 3.8-3.85V per cell. That's right around where the "storage sweet spot" is.

Fully charging them and then just letting them sit is bad for them and you'll see a decrease in the amount of usable charge cycles you'll get out of your pack.

Oh I won't be storing them for that long. I have 5 stock batteries, all fully charged at the time of this post. Tommorow when I'm out filming about 24 or so hours from now, I know it will probably lose some charge but how much? How much energy can I expect for tommorow's flights? I'm using the stock 2200 mAh batteries.

BryanTheAsian said:
Green_Phantom said:

Oh I won't be storing them for that long. I have 5 stock batteries, all fully charged at the time of this post. Tommorow when I'm out filming about 24 or so hours from now, I know it will probably lose some charge but how much? How much energy can I expect for tommorow's flights? I'm using the stock 2200 mAh batteries.

All the stock DJI 2200mAh batts I've used have been very good about voltage bleed over time, I've come back to them weeks after a charge sometimes and they've only lost less than .1v total easch

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl