long range how?

XOR

Reaction score
hi all i am new here and i saw a lot of talking about expand the range of the DJI Phantom FC40,

but never got an explicit answer,
so hope to get it here :)

what is the most range that's ppl get with the fc40?
and which parts is recommended to use for?

thanks a lot

I'm in Ireland so I use the longer range setting (two beeps, not one) in the controller.
With that, I get reliable control out to at least 500m - which is just about as far as I can see it so that's as far as I regularly use it.

However, I have done a couple of range tests, deliberately flying it out of range and letting it return on its own. When doing that I have sent it out as far as 1200m before it turned and came home. It makes for a nervous couple of minutes as I continue to fly it out of sight and then waiting (and praying) for it to come back to me. It never fails :)

Damian.

With the transmitter modded to take screw in antennas and while using a cheap 1dbi directional antenna I have gotten 1.3 miles with out losing signal. But being the antenna is directional you have to keep it pointed right at it. and with a 6 dbi omi directional im getting about .7-.9 miles depending on were i'm flying.

The mod to the transmitter is pretty easy and all you do is get a mini pcx rf to rp-sma pig tail cable and plug the mini connector in to the plug inside the transmitter and then fit the rp-sma connecter were the stock antennas hole. Getting it threw the hole is the harest part of the mod as you need to carve away some of the plastic to get it to fit in the hole right.

if you search utube for a "dji antenna mod" you should find a few videos others have made on how to do it and most have links to the stuff you need for it. and the mods can be done on any model transmitter.

I just tested tonight... I normally stay within 400-500m and never have a problem. Just went out and few ~630 and lost r/c control. Return to home kicked in and I took controls back around 550m out.

I am running all stock radios and a 1.3ghz FPV system

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31