Local PD Posted This on FB

LOL., I thought it was you that was told to slow your roll by some real Cops on this list the last time you tried to impress us with your "training."
Thanks for veryifying that...

I double dare YOU to come up with a link or citation that states;
1) local LEO's hands are tied when it comes to Federal Laws,
2) local LEO's have no authority to arrest, detain, or investigate anyone accused of a violating Federal Law or Regulations,
3) Anything similar to the above.

I've posted the FAA's directives to local police, something you should be well aware of, and you continue to ignore it.

Please bring your REAL COPS in here to prove you're right then. Local law enforcement, no federal agents... since we're talking about local LE enforcing federal laws. Or actually why don't you just call up your local police department and ask them that question so they can school you a bit.

Reactions: maseman88
Or actually why don't you just call up your local police department and ask them that question so they can school you a bit.

i wanna know what they say too!

Please don't confuse Federal Criminal Law and Federal Regulations.

Either way, local LEOs can't enforce enforce either one of those. If a federal law is broken and there is NO mimicked state law for the offense, FBI gets involved and handles the investigation. If there is a mimicked state law, they're prosecuted based on the state law.

State laws have to be equal or more stringent than federal laws they're mimicking.
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/02/24/faa-wants-local-cops-to-be-drone-police

I'm not sure what your point is, or what you are advocating, anymore than I'm sure you are an LEO.

No, local police cannot charge, fine, or jail you for violating FAA regulations (laws).
But they can gather information, confiscate your drone, and leave you in the hands of the Federal Agents to be punished.
As an alleged cop, you really truly honestly should be aware of that....why aren't you?

I believe this entire argument is the result of you saying that local LEOs are powerless to enforce drone regulations (laws) which simply isn't true.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/02/24/faa-wants-local-cops-to-be-drone-police

I'm not sure what your point is, or what you are advocating, anymore than I'm sure you are an LEO.

No, local police cannot charge, fine, or jail you for violating FAA regulations (laws).
But they can gather information, confiscate your drone, and leave you in the hands of the Federal Agents to be punished.
As an alleged cop, you really truly honestly should be aware of that....why aren't you?

I believe this entire argument is the result of you saying that local LEOs are powerless to enforce drone regulations (laws) which simply isn't true.
Oh and they can charge you with reckless endangerment over and over until the cows come home.
A Cop should know that. Why don't you?

Federal Aviation Administration official Mark Bury told dozens of state attorneys general at an event in the nation's capital that his agency needs help enforcing federal rules on drones.

Came out of your article. FAA is asking states to implement state laws to en force their regulations.

Don’t Expect Police to Enforce Federal Laws
Talks about Local Cops not being well versed on Federal disability laws. Proves nothing.

Jurisdiction: Where Can the Police Make Arrests? - Lawyers.com
Talks about cops from jurisdiction A not having authority in Jurisdiction B. Again, does not answer my question or show what you think it shows.

Talks about court jurisdiction. Fail.

Did you actually vet any of these links? snicker.

Gather information and pass it on to another agency.... Exactly my point, LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT CANNOT CHARGE YOU WITH A FAA VIOLATION. You just proved yourself wrong.

Oh and they can charge you with reckless endangerment over and over until the cows come home.
A Cop should know that. Why don't you?

"reckless endangerment" section from their STATE LAW crimes code.

Your ignorance is unbearing.

3rpd5p.jpg.gif

Let get back on topic in here.

The debate on what law agency does what is over, done, kaput... understood?
Any further discussion not related to the lost drone will be deleted and the offender will earn themselves a warning.
NO more agency discussion.

View attachment 50718

Let get back on topic in here.

The debate on what law agency does what is over, done, kaput... understood?
Any further discussion not related to the lost drone will be deleted and the offender will earn themselves a warning.
NO more agency discussion.
Fair enough.

I don't know many local law enforcement officers that would make a seizure for an offense that they have no legal authority to enforce. Doing so could subject them to civil liability. Obvious felonies committed in the presence of a peace officer is another issue. Of course a LEO will detain and arrest you for that examples like bank robbery, assault, etc they are felonies committed in the presence of a peace officer/LEO not equal to.... minor violations of FAA statutes. They may cite, seize etc for someone like reckless operation etc...or something on their books but minor violations of FAA rules. I doubt it. Nobody likes testing their professional liability insurance especially for a thing like this.

I know I know flying too high too far those are serious serious dangerous offenses.. Hang em!

Deuces

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Ramphex
I'm really curious as to what happened and what comments were posted on FB.

You can search it on fb. Not many comments. You can tell most people dont know the rules on registration. But that post didnt say if it was claimed or not.
It would ne interesting to know if it was claimed and what the outcome was.

If I really cared about getting that P1 back, I'd just send my wife in to get it. LEO tend to treat cute ladies a lot nicer, especially with a few well timed tears and a story about a mean stranger grabbing her RC and crashing her P1, and that she thought her dead-beat hubby had taped the FAA registration number on really good, but leave it to him to screw things up--he must have used old tape and it blew off in the wind.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20