Little Planets!

When the weather clears up i am going to be experimenting with some ultra low altitude LP shots and see how it turns out. Ill be adding a 4th row just outside the view of the props. Ill let you guys know.

Reactions: Michael-Rex
One more from a few hours ago.
Love these!

CayI2QD.jpg
What was your height Michael?

That shot of London by the Op, JohnPaul, it's simply amazing, as are the others. I wish I had the top of a bldg or something to fly off. I don't have the guts, or resources, to make a flight in Chicago or Houston (the two cities I live next too depending on time of year) but certainly intrigued. I live in a peninsula, almost an island, I'd like to even try that here.

With Litchi is it like AutoFlightLogic where you have to install their firmware on the RC and the aircraft?

Reactions: Ramphex
Can u do this from the go app and then into the gui software or do you need auto pilot or litchi then into the gui software

Can u do this from the go app and then into the gui software or do you need auto pilot or litchi then into the gui software

you can use the go app but you'll only be able to take manual shots... i dont have the patience for that.

Sounds like a setup...

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I would like to know because I'm close to test little planet on the beach too and i like his setup of half sea and half city...that's why i asked the height...if I've to bet is 50-60mt

Yeah, apparently the spherical panorama setting is the easiest way to do it from Litchi. I guess you can manually take panoramic shots and have the software stitch them together as well.

Hey everyone,

If any of you are into this concept, post your little planets in this thread! I'd love to see them! :)

I've finally managed to capture my first one. Taken using Litchi above Trafalgar Square, London and stitched in PTGui Pro from 26 images. The app is actually really simple to use and offers a nice variety of ready presets, including little planets. There's a free trial so give it a try! :)

It's worth noting that it took Litchi well over 3 minutes to capture the shots... I wonder if any other software out there handles it faster?

250504fdd1ebd1e2e7c0f23e38a1a859.jpg

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aloha

When i go to the app store I find none of the apps mentioned are available? I get a not saying "not available in the US"

So, since I really want to make these cool shots what can I do?

Thanks

That's awesome man. Please give info. on creating this. Did you use DJI or Litchi to capture the images? If Lichti what pano mode were they taken in? Thanks

I've been test running litchi the past two days but have had three RC disconnects & think I'll be flying solely with Go from here on out. The process is automated in litchi, but all it does is hover over a center point, look straight ahead, take 8-12 consecutive shots turning 30-45 degrees each time until you reach the starting position, lower your gimbal 30-45 degrees & repeat the process, lower your gimbal & repeat again until you're looking straight down. litchi takes two photos straight down, 180 degrees apart for cleaner blending & I definitely recommend this step as well.

After this you have to stitch the images together & there are a bunch of different ways to do so. I initially used Photoshops auto-align function which works, but cannot be tweaked to perfection. PTGui is another option & is pretty incredible but will cost you about 100 bucks. It allows you to pick what are essentially anchor points in overlapping images that help align the panorama to near perfection & it will also auto blend the layers. There's a free trial that is perfectly functional but they overlay a gnarly watermark over the image. A free option is Image Composite Editor which is a free Windows Research program & personally, I think this should be worth a decent chunk of change as well. It works just as fast as PTGui, but offers slightly less customization. This program will stitch & blend as well & offers a dozen different pano layouts aside from standard flat panorama e.g., spherical, cylindrical, perspective, etc.

For this particular process, skypixel requires a 360 pano in a 2:1 aspect ratio so I used PTGui to stitch the shots together & imported to Photoshop to raise the top edge of the canvas to make the height half the size of the width. Then I filled the sky & blended it to the panorama.

easypano.com will do the same thing as skypixel but offers a few other neat features that I have yet to toy with:
VR 360 Virtual Tour // Delray Beah, FL

hope this helps!

Hey everyone,

If any of you are into this concept, post your little planets in this thread! I'd love to see them! :)

I've finally managed to capture my first one. Taken using Litchi above Trafalgar Square, London and stitched in PTGui Pro from 26 images. The app is actually really simple to use and offers a nice variety of ready presets, including little planets. There's a free trial so give it a try! :)

It's worth noting that it took Litchi well over 3 minutes to capture the shots... I wonder if any other software out there handles it faster?

250504fdd1ebd1e2e7c0f23e38a1a859.jpg

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What aspect ratio were the source pictures shot in? I'm wondering if it takes longer for litchi to shoot the sequence if you have RAW + jpeg selected vs. just RAW. I assume your capture format was RAW in highest resolution?

I've been test running litchi the past two days but have had three RC disconnects & think I'll be flying solely with Go from here on out. The process is automated in litchi, but all it does is hover over a center point, look straight ahead, take 8-12 consecutive shots turning 30-45 degrees each time until you reach the starting position, lower your gimbal 30-45 degrees & repeat the process, lower your gimbal & repeat again until you're looking straight down. litchi takes two photos straight down, 180 degrees apart for cleaner blending & I definitely recommend this step as well.

After this you have to stitch the images together & there are a bunch of different ways to do so. I initially used Photoshops auto-align function which works, but cannot be tweaked to perfection. PTGui is another option & is pretty incredible but will cost you about 100 bucks. It allows you to pick what are essentially anchor points in overlapping images that help align the panorama to near perfection & it will also auto blend the layers. There's a free trial that is perfectly functional but they overlay a gnarly watermark over the image. A free option is Image Composite Editor which is a free Windows Research program & personally, I think this should be worth a decent chunk of change as well. It works just as fast as PTGui, but offers slightly less customization. This program will stitch & blend as well & offers a dozen different pano layouts aside from standard flat panorama e.g., spherical, cylindrical, perspective, etc.

For this particular process, skypixel requires a 360 pano in a 2:1 aspect ratio so I used PTGui to stitch the shots together & imported to Photoshop to raise the top edge of the canvas to make the height half the size of the width. Then I filled the sky & blended it to the panorama.

easypano.com will do the same thing as skypixel but offers a few other neat features that I have yet to toy with:
VR 360 Virtual Tour // Delray Beah, FL

hope this helps!
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain this. I really appreciate it.

Reactions: maseman88

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic