Litchi with different DJI Drones.

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a DJI Mini 2, I have the Phantom 3 Pro. Can I fly both drones from the Litchi app? Not at the same time of course, but from my iOS device with a single install.

Thanks,
Art

Reactions: RemoteFlyte
I'm looking at buying a DJI Mini 2, I have the Phantom 3 Pro. Can I fly both drones from the Litchi app? Not at the same time of course, but from my iOS device with a single install.

Thanks,
Art
Yes. They are both compatible.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-07-23 083834.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-23 083834.png
    309.5 KB · Views: 124
Well worth the $25. Create your Missions on your computer, export the VLM file and run a simulation on Google Earth complete with camera angles etc. If satisfied download to your tablet/device.

Reactions: Phill2
Thanks, but is it worth the $25 or just use the (2) DJI Apps (DJI Go, DJI Fly) ?
I use the DJI apps when I want to fly manually. I use Litchi for autonomous flying. I can create a "mission" in Litchi to get smoother movements for video, which can be repeated over and over. This way I can fly the same exact route week after week, month after month, etc. If you are just flying for fun, then the DJI apps are fine. If you want to create missions that are repeatable, then Litchi is one option of many.

It's worth the 25 bucks to be rid of the Fly app lol....
DJI's newer drones that use DJI Fly will not complete Litchi waypoint missions if signal connectivity between the drone and its controller is interrupted. DJI Fly drones flying Litchi missions will default to RTH in the event of a dropped controller-to-drone signal.

The only DJI drones that will complete waypoint missions well beyond the range of the controller are those which came stock configured to use DJI Go or DJI Go4. Newer DJI drones using DJI Fly utilize "Virtual Sticks" during waypoint missions, and that requires a constant link between the controller and the drone.

DJI's newer drones that use DJI Fly will not complete Litchi waypoint missions if signal connectivity between the drone and its controller is interrupted. DJI Fly drones flying Litchi missions will default to RTH in the event of a dropped controller-to-drone signal.

The only DJI drones that will complete waypoint missions well beyond the range of the controller are those which came stock configured to use DJI Go or DJI Go4. Newer DJI drones using DJI Fly utilize "Virtual Sticks" during waypoint missions, and that requires a constant link between the controller and the drone.
Did not know that.... SO glad I fly a P4Pv2 in that case lol. Is there any way around this or is it just the way it is with the newer drones? That would almost make a drone unusable for mapping since stuff like that happens kinda regularly. You'd have to be paying close attention in case a RTH was initiated so youd know where to start back from. And more than anything I think it would make your choice of fly location SUPER important since being centrally located would hopefully eliminate alot of it. That is definitely not a good thing tho lol....

Reactions: Billie Nelson
T
Did not know that.... SO glad I fly a P4Pv2 in that case lol. Is there any way around this or is it just the way it is with the newer drones? That would almost make a drone unusable for mapping since stuff like that happens kinda regularly. You'd have to be paying close attention in case a RTH was initiated so youd know where to start back from. And more than anything I think it would make your choice of fly location SUPER important since being centrally located would hopefully eliminate alot of it. That is definitely not a good thing tho lol....
Thus far there isn't a workaround solution that would allow DJI's newer drones that use DJI Fly to store Litchi waypoints on board before the Litchi mission is launched. The "Virtual Sticks" protocol introduced by DJI for those newer drones evidently sends waypoint specifications in small discreet signal bursts that rely on constant connectivity between the drone and the controller. Signal interruption instantly triggers RTH for such drones.

This method of sending waypoint data evidently results in lots of abrupt and jarring changes in direction during waypoint missions, in stark contrast to the earlier DJI Go or DJI Go4 drones that fly waypoint missions smoothly and without any sudden changes in camera orientation. Even if money was no object, I would not be inclined to purchase a newer DJI Fly drone simply because Litchi waypoint missions that travel much further than the range of the controller's signal happen to be the only type of drone flight that I launch.

T

Thus far there isn't a workaround solution that would allow DJI's newer drones that use DJI Fly to store Litchi waypoints on board before the Litchi mission is launched. The "Virtual Sticks" protocol introduced by DJI for those newer drones evidently sends waypoint specifications in small discreet signal bursts that rely on constant connectivity between the drone and the controller. Signal interruption instantly triggers RTH for such drones.

This method of sending waypoint data evidently results in lots of abrupt and jarring changes in direction during waypoint missions, in stark contrast to the earlier DJI Go or DJI Go4 drones that fly waypoint missions smoothly and without any sudden changes in camera orientation. Even if money was no object, I would not be inclined to purchase a newer DJI Fly drone simply because Litchi waypoint missions that travel much further than the range of the controller's signal happen to be the only type of drone flight that I launch.
I’ve been having a helluva time with my flight apps lately (Drone Deploy and Measure Ground Control). I’ve been having trouble uploading the mission to the drone, first to go down was DD. So I switched to MGC and then it died maybe a month later same thing, failed to upload mission to drone lol. The really bad part is I’ve been able to carve out a nice little niche for myself in the construction/mapping sector so the flight app problem is a pretty big deal for me. So I’ve turned to Litchi which is not really a mapping app I know but for right now at least I will happily settle for “gets the job done” lol.

Reactions: Billie Nelson
I’ve been having a helluva time with my flight apps lately (Drone Deploy and Measure Ground Control). I’ve been having trouble uploading the mission to the drone, first to go down was DD. So I switched to MGC and then it died maybe a month later same thing, failed to upload mission to drone lol. The really bad part is I’ve been able to carve out a nice little niche for myself in the construction/mapping sector so the flight app problem is a pretty big deal for me. So I’ve turned to Litchi which is not really a mapping app I know but for right now at least I will happily settle for “gets the job done” lol.
Litchi recently announced a dramatic increase in the number of waypoints permissible per flight plan so regardless of the complexity of the flight path you have in mind, it will be achievable with some careful planning using the Litchi Mission Hub.

Thanks,
Art
What about the P4PV2+ model? I am currently looking at Terra but it has a high learning curve. I have not seen anyone talking about Terra to try to get some help from, or at least some FAQs.
Thanks!

Litchi is compatible with: Mini 2, Mini SE, Air 2S, Mavic Mini 1, Mavic Air 2, Mavic 2 (Zoom/Pro), Mavic (Air/Pro), Phantom 4 (Standard/Advanced/Pro/ProV2), Phantom 3 (Standard/4K/Advanced/Professional), Inspire 1 (X3/Z3/Pro/RAW), Inspire 2 and Spark.

Litchi is also compatible with most DJI monitors, please refer to the installation steps in this guide

Litchi is *NOT* compatible with Mini 2 SE, Mini 3 and Mavic 3 as DJI has not released a developer SDK for these drone models yet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31