Litchi success but have a few questions

Reaction score
Website
fishcrow.com
I did my first four Litchi flights today. It worked great, but I have a few (no doubt naive) questions:

1. Is it possible to get the camera view to show in the iPad like it does in GO? I'm sending it out beyond the range of the controller, but it would be very helpful to be able to see the camera view in order to adjust the camera elevation before starting a mission.

2. While setting up missions at home before today, the homepoint did not appear in the window. Now it does. This is annoying when I try to set up missions from a location miles from the site. It makes it appear that the mission will be 56 minutes, but it will only be about 12 minutes from the site.

Litchi has camera view just like Go.
BTW, you are aware that going beyond the range of the controller (beyond line of sight) is illegal, right?

I wasn't aware of that. It appears that many others are also unaware of it. There are many posts here about long distance flights far beyond the range of the controller. In fact, reading such discussions here is where I got the idea to use Litchi for my application.

Youre absolutely right, there are many people doing it. Enforcement is very up to speed yet, but the main point is, if it falls out of the sky and hurts someone, then they would likely start looking for you.
To fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft you must:
  • Fly for hobby or recreation ONLY
  • Register your model aircraft
  • Fly within visual line-of-sight
  • Follow community-based safety guidelines and fly within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization
  • Fly a drone under 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
  • Never fly near other aircraft
  • Notify the airport and air traffic control tower prior to flying within 5 miles of an airport*
  • Never fly near emergency response efforts
For more information about what you can do with a model aircraft, please read FAA Advisory Circular 91-57A (PDF) or read the Interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft (PDF).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20