Litchi - Stable?

I seriously would have bought the advanced over the Pro with 2.7. First I would rather work with 2.7k. By time I am ready for 4k every day the P4 will be out.

And its $300 easier to stomach if you crash it.

The advanced is an amazing bird and value.
im so glad i got a P3A for that reason

I seriously would have bought the advanced over the Pro with 2.7. First I would rather work with 2.7k. By time I am ready for 4k every day the P4 will be out.

And its $300 easier to stomach if you crash it.

The advanced is an amazing bird and value.
Yes i agree infact after an evaluation I decided to buy the advance model

... so, why not the standard one ??? it has the 2.7k and it's more easier to the stomach as mmccabe said !!!
because that came out about 2 months after i bought the P3A and unfortunately i dont have the power to see into the future!!

Reactions: D4T_PoM
I have been using Litchi for a cpl of weeks.... I tested the new Go app, those features are just a tease compared to Litchi.... As of today, I cannot even get into the DJI app.... Just saying, Litchi is giving Phantom flyers everything they wish the Phantom would do.☺

I have been using Litchi for a cpl of weeks.... I tested the new Go app, those features are just a tease compared to Litchi.... As of today, I cannot even get into the DJI app.... Just saying, Litchi is giving Phantom flyers everything they wish the Phantom would do.☺
Lichti will probably be the DJI GOTO app with the new firmware upgrade from DJI and folks don't have to become beta testers to run Lichti

I have few question about Litchi.
-How do you make IMU calibration?
-How you can adjust low battery(RTH) and critical low battery level?
-Is the FPV video lag free?

My device is Nvidia Shield

Lichti will probably be the DJI GOTO app with the new firmware upgrade from DJI and folks don't have to become beta testers to run Lichti

Its live. Don't have to be beta tester now. Runs with current DJI firmware so its public.

I have few question about Litchi.
-How do you make IMU calibration?
-How you can adjust low battery(RTH) and critical low battery level?
-Is the FPV video lag free?
My device is Nvidia Shield

Running Litchi does not mean you cant use the things in Go app like IMU calibration. Litchi does not have all the camera adjustments incorporated so you still need to set that with Go app.

As far as lag free its smooth on both my devices. Tab S and Asus Zentab.

As a previous fan of Litchi in P2 I was a bit dismayed at the horrible video lag and when it had low signal, it lost the distance and height, till it regained signal.

Anyone else find this?

Last edited:
I_f17338_1743160.jpg
;)

For those of you running Litchi now. Do you consider it stable? In other words, it is worth flashing your Phantom 3 over to a third party firmware? The Orbit features sounds like what I need! I need to be able to orbit the same spot over several weeks for a time lapse photography or video. I need to be able to save my coordinates and simply launch my copter in the air and have it go to those points and start recording video. It does not look like the new firmware from DJI will allow these features. So I might just give Litchi a try.

I consider Litchi much more stable. It is not third party firmware, you will still be running DJI firmware on the quad and the RC. Both qualitatively (the video is consistent and smooth) and the number of times the app has locked (once associated with a developer firmware change from DJI) the Litchi app is superior.

The primary advantage, though, is in the quality of the implementation of the flying features, including orbit and ground station (my two favorites).

... so, why not the standard one ??? it has the 2.7k and it's more easier to the stomach as mmccabe said !!!
The standard uses Wi-Fi 2-way communications for the wireless video link. The P3a uses lightbridge 1-way communications, giving over double the distance capability, not to mention less video lag, plus less reconnect time when the distance limit is reached. I would NEVER recommend the P3S for that reason. WIFI technology was never meant to for wireless long distance video links. WIFI on multirotors is so 2014.

The standard uses Wi-Fi 2-way communications for the wireless video link. The P3a uses lightbridge 1-way communications, giving over double the distance capability, not to mention less video lag, plus less reconnect time when the distance limit is reached. I would NEVER recommend the P3S for that reason. WIFI technology was never meant to for wireless long distance video links. WIFI on multirotors is so 2014.
... thanks for the informative reply ... and now all of you long distance geek (including me) you have a strong reason to go for the p3a/p3p instead of the p3s

what an amazing app ... well at least on paper and how much innovation/tweaks has it !!! i did install the app on my note5 a week ago but i didn't use it extensively till now, wish i am trying to do, but first i did search the net for a user manual to plunge deeply and this what i found ...
Help - Litchi , so, now i am ready to learn/fly my p3p through Litchi ... safe fly

Litchi Beta 2.1.0 is out with most of the camera controls finally included. Here is the changelog:

Changes:

added Exposure settings info/controls (ISO/EV/Shutter Speed/AE Lock) on video screen for P3/I1
fixed Inspire 1 gimbal lock bug in Orbit/GS mode
added announcement window at startup
fixed bug with video/photo aspect ratio on 4:3 devices with P3A and hardware decoding

Exposure settings:
In Auto mode, scrolling the gimbal wheel up/down will adjust the exposure value.
You can switch from Auto to Manual with a long press on the right RC wheel.
In Manual mode, scrolling the gimbal wheel up/down will adjust either the Shutter Speed or the ISO. To switch from one to the other, press on the gimbal wheel.

Reactions: louforgiveno
I've had stability issues. It locks up my Nexus10 tablet frequently. I love the features but sometimes it just doesn't work for me. I was excited to run a waypoint course a second time but couldn't get Litchi to run. I've not tried the latest update yet though from 3 hrs ago. For me, Litchi has been Glitchy.

Has anyone been able to get Litchi to work with Samsung Gear VR with a Galaxy S6? The whole reason I got the Samsung Gear VR was to use it with Litchi. It even says in the app description on the Play Store that it is compatible with Gear VR.

I figured the micro USB port on the bottom of the Gear VR headset was essentially an extension of the micro USB in the headset mount where the S6 goes. Apparently, that's not the case.

Also, I did freeze the Gear VR app from auto opening when the S6 is plugged into the headset.

Anyone figure this out or is it just false advertising?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj