Litchi RTH and made it home safe !

Do you have to have DJI Go4 running in order to use Litchi?
NO! You should never have both running at the same time. That's a Big No..No...

Reactions: flashoser
NO! You should never have both running at the same time. That's a Big No..No...
Thanks just thought you had to have it running to have Litchi RTH, someone mentioned that RTH had to be set in DJIGO4 for litchi to RTH... is there a Litchi Manual? i want it to fly a mission and RH home, i assume only that you have it in settings in the mission hub to do so?

Thanks just thought you had to have it running to have Litchi RTH, someone mentioned that RTH had to be set in DJIGO4 for litchi to RTH... is there a Litchi Manual? i want it to fly a mission and RH home, i assume only that you have it in settings in the mission hub to do so?
There is no downloadable Litchi manual any more. They pulled the old ones a long time ago. As far as RTH goes, the atltitude you set is stored on the aircraft itself, and can be changed using GO or Litchi. Either one can change the RTH altitude. So, the answer is no you do not have to have it set in GO for it to RTH. If you are planning on running a mission, just remember that with missions, RTH will NOT happen after loss of uplink to the aircraft. The mission will continue until the end. If you have it set for RTH at the end of the mission then yes that will work, assuming you have enough battery to get home.

Do you have to have DJI Go4 running in order to use Litchi?
Hi There, no litchi runs as it' own app, go4 is not even connected.
Just make sure you have all your settings in litchi before your flight.
I fly with it all the time and hasn' failed me yet.
Good Flying
SteveP55

Reactions: flashoser
Good Flying
SteveP55

Thanks Steve, i have been trying in videos but so far no luck as to the explanation of what the altitude on a POI does? I'm confusing it with the Attitude of the waypoint, the way point makes sense but what does the Altitude of the poi do?

I ran my first mission yesterday and it was a blast! finally got the guts to try it!! and then di another and another, small ones so i can keep an eye on it!! lol

Also how far out can you go with missions? as far as the battery will let us take the copter? and back? cause that is impressive..

Also do you know any settings i should use to get smooth video? or what speeds? that work for you? and where are the videos stored and how do you play them back?

Think of the POI altitude like this: There’s a fencepost with a pumpkin on top of it. You want the camera to aim at the pumpkin. If the pumpkin on the post is six feet off the ground, set the POI altitude to 6 feet. If the pumpkin’s 30 feet off the ground, set the POI altitude to 30 ft. (This is, of course, assuming your flying over level ground).

Think of the POI altitude like this: There’s a fencepost with a pumpkin on top of it. You want the camera to aim at the pumpkin. If the pumpkin on the post is six feet off the ground, set the POI altitude to 6 feet. If the pumpkin’s 30 feet off the ground, set the POI altitude to 30 ft. (This is, of course, assuming your flying over level ground).

ok setting the POI Altitude, whats the effect then? say i have a house, i want to set it to the height of the hose? and if i set it to only 3 ft what would the effect be?

ok setting the POI Altitude, whats the effect then? say i have a house, i want to set it to the height of the hose? and if i set it to only 3 ft what would the effect be?
The focus point of the camera would be a spot three feet up the wall (assuming level ground, etc.). I’ll try to post a diagram shortly.

2BE084BB-196F-43AC-BDFA-13154B9D70DE.jpeg

Good Flying
SteveP55

Hate to say this but with such a long flight, did you still have it in line of sight? I thought that is illegal if not in line of site to fly?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl