Litchi question please help...FPV dual screen monitor display..

Reaction score
Using the HDMI module, can I use the litchi app to FPV with my iphone in a VR headset and have a monitor display a normal video feed VIA mini hdmi(module port)? I know this is a little backwards, but I don't want to invest in some fatsharks right now. I haven't bought the litchi app, so I don't know what the exact settings are. Any help is appreciated!

Don't think so, HDMI output will just display what the app is showing and in the same way..

Don't think so, HDMI output will just display what the app is showing and in the same way..
Thanks, but can someone please verify this? It feels like this hdmi module is a waste if I can just fpv it via usb through litchi.

Litchi works on the streams through USB and will not accept HDMI streams.

HDMI module is useful if you want to connect a HDMI goggles or monitor to it. In such a case you get advantage of two videos simultaneously. I use goggle directly on HDMI stream and use iPhone or iPad on RC for parameters settings etc. in case I get confused with goggles about the current location, I can immediately look at the device running DJI go app and it's radar or map.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Everyone has specific likings disliking and preferences. Go for what you feel comfortable with. One solution is not good for all.

Everyone has specific likings disliking and preferences. Go for what you feel comfortable with. One solution is not good for all.

thanks. I'm looking to connect an hdmi monitor to this module to get a second screen, while I FPV litchi with my iphone, but just to make sure, that doesn't work like that right?

thanks. I'm looking to connect an hdmi monitor to this module to get a second screen, while I FPV litchi with my iphone, but just to make sure, that doesn't work like that right?
You can do that, but your HDMI monitor can't be an iPad or other mobile device. They don't accept HDMI input. If you use a regular HDMI monitor, you won't have any touch screen input so you will need to pull the iPhone out of the goggles in order to change any settings. The HDMI display that will be on the HDMI monitor will be video only ... no interaction.

The point of the HDMI module is so that you can plug in an HDMI goggle like Fat Shark or other HDMI monitor for FPV only and still have your iPhone connected via USB for touch screen user inputs.

Last edited:
Reactions: tml4191
If you do that, you will need to pull the iPhone out of the goggles in order to change any settings. The HDMI display that will be on the HDMI monitor will be video only ... no interaction.
Yes! That will be ok, but it does work like that, right? If that works, then the iphone can be set into dual/split screen(VR) mode, and I can still have a second screen(none VR mOde) with normal telemetry via HDMI....right?

I understand the point of it, but I don't want to invest in some HDMI goggles right now, so I figured it can still work but switched.

Hello TML, I have a similar need to use inexpensive FPV goggles AND have a second display (both iOS display). Did you ever find a solution to this? I have the HDMI module for the transmitter, but cannot get a display on my iOS device.

Thanks, Kevin

Best combination I have experienced so far is using an ipad as my main display and using a headplay in the hdmi port for when I need to see better detail (especially in bright sunlight). Just be sure you have an observer to help when you are using the headplay.

Litchi works on the streams through USB and will not accept HDMI streams.

HDMI module is useful if you want to connect a HDMI goggles or monitor to it. In such a case you get advantage of two videos simultaneously. I use goggle directly on HDMI stream and use iPhone or iPad on RC for parameters settings etc. in case I get confused with goggles about the current location, I can immediately look at the device running DJI go app and it's radar or map.

I'm guessing not... But is there a way to put the map up (big screen) on just the tablet? As you keep the fpv on a tv monitor or goggles? Prolly not as the hdmi out is just going to basically mimic what the tablet screen shows?

It would be nice to have a full screen map on your tablet, while having a full screen fpv on a monitor or goggles.. THAT would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20