Litchi - possible bug to look out for

Reaction score
I use Litchi exclusively for P3A - use an HTC M8 one as the device. Mostly run Panos and Orbits.

Always worked perfectly for me but the last few times I've been out I've had crashes a few seconds after the Phantom links to the app - you get telemetry, camera status, live feed and then 'Litchi has crashed'

The program won't then link again until you power off both device and phantom and restart. In one case I had to do this three times before getting in the air. Once running, all is fine.

I decided to delete the app, clean the phone/cache and then re-install. No change.

Then (being a software guy!) I went through some of the features and turned off map 'hybrid' to 'standard' and it's been 100% ever since.

Might work for you if you get the same.

Adam

That's a strange one, haven't seen this yet, thanks for sharing! I've got a feeling there will be a lot more Litchi adopters with their 40% off sale.

I use Litchi exclusively for P3A - use an HTC M8 one as the device. Mostly run Panos and Orbits.

Always worked perfectly for me but the last few times I've been out I've had crashes a few seconds after the Phantom links to the app - you get telemetry, camera status, live feed and then 'Litchi has crashed'

The program won't then link again until you power off both device and phantom and restart. In one case I had to do this three times before getting in the air. Once running, all is fine.

I decided to delete the app, clean the phone/cache and then re-install. No change.

Then (being a software guy!) I went through some of the features and turned off map 'hybrid' to 'standard' and it's been 100% ever since.

Might work for you if you get the same.

Adam
Thx Adam.... just downloaded Litchi for both my Android and iOS tablets and will be on the lookout for a similar glitches.

Any good links you can recommend to learn about Litchi?

Go to mission hub online, then go to the litchi school. Really good

My advice with Litchi waypoint missions would be to make the last waypoint near your start and to start high and 'tune' the altitudes down with subsequent missions to avoid unforeseen trees, etc.

Panoramics are great fun, still playing around with the settings. Column by column seems to prevent drift more which leads to better stitching. Microsoft ICE makes a good job of stitching but makes small panos from raw for some reason (!?)

Orbit makes very smooth video but if you then run it through deshaker it looks insanely steady.

Enjoy!

Adam

Have looked at the Mission Hub videos and begun reviewing he Film School Introduction videos.... its a beautifully intuitive system.:)

Have got a few questions...

I may have missed something in the videos but how important is it to "precisely" preposition the quad at the exact position corresponding to the first wave point location chosen by me ahead of time for the mission?

Also, did I understand correctly that the Mavic Pro batteries no longer provide battery data for use in the AirData system? I've got one of the early Mavic Pro Combo packages and I hope that I either misread or misunderstood that.

The way point accuracy is really good. Never had an issue. Best thing to do is to really zoom in on the map as much as you can then set the way point so you can see if any buildings would be near it. I do that all the time and it’s 100% spot on when I play the video footage. Also for your first mission make sure your high enough to clear any buildings. I found 120 metres is ideal to start with where I am. That’s roughly a bit taller then Big Ben here in London. Then once I know the width of the drone won’t touch any buildings I lower the height to 90 metres. Works no problems for me doing it that way

The way point accuracy is really good. Never had an issue. Best thing to do is to really zoom in on the map as much as you can then set the way point so you can see if any buildings would be near it. I do that all the time and it’s 100% spot on when I play the video footage. Also for your first mission make sure your high enough to clear any buildings. I found 120 metres is ideal to start with where I am. That’s roughly a bit taller then Big Ben here in London. Then once I know the width of the drone won’t touch any buildings I lower the height to 90 metres. Works no problems for me doing it that way
I'm definitely going to pick a spot way out in the open for my first few flights to get some confidence in what I'm doing...:)

I live near Lake Erie in Ohio and am lucky to have several out of the way fields nearby that I usually fly from.

P.S. Odd as it sounds, I'm probably going to start out with the Metric system... its easier for me to plan everything in meters being that they're close to yards my measure of choice. Using feet for some reason is harder for me to visualize "quickly"...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20