Litchi Pano Problems

Reaction score
I know I read somewhere about this being an issue on the latest update, but can't find it now.

Anyway I was shooting a pano today, it was pretty windy, but nothing out of the norm. The P4 was bobbing up and down through the whole pano. I have never seen this before. Elevation has alway fluctuated during these missions, but nothing like what happened today.

Anyone else experiencing this type of behavior with the latest update (2/4)?

I had that issue on a windy day prior to that update with it not wanting to hold position or altitude well on my Inspire 1, I just chalked it up to the wind. Ended up having to do the pano shots manually.

I know I read somewhere about this being an issue on the latest update, but can't find it now.

Anyway I was shooting a pano today, it was pretty windy, but nothing out of the norm. The P4 was bobbing up and down through the whole pano. I have never seen this before. Elevation has alway fluctuated during these missions, but nothing like what happened today.

Anyone else experiencing this type of behavior with the latest update (2/4)?
Some have reported excess drifting in the latest version. Have to revert to 'legacy' mode in the app which uses the older pano algorithm with reduced drift. Curious that they would put that in an app, almost like they knew about the problem when they were building the new version.

Used it on the 7th and one pano worked fine and the other stopped after 4 shots and would not continue

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
What if any warnings did you get. Did the bird just stop taking pictures and continue to rotate or just stop and hover pointed the same direction? What was your control signal level? And finally, could you still take pictures manually? We know that gimbal control doesn't work during a mission if the RC lnk is lost, I wonder if something similar might be happening in Pano. Also, picture taking will stop if the SD card is full. Note, you really have to reformat the card in the app. Doing it on your computer doesn't reset some of the file pointers that the bird reads and it thinks there is more on the card so it doesn't record to it. None of the above may be your problem, but something to check out.

What if any warnings did you get. Did the bird just stop taking pictures and continue to rotate or just stop and hover pointed the same direction? What was your control signal level? And finally, could you still take pictures manually?

Same/similar problem with Litchi. Pano timed out repeatedly. Strong signal (100 AGL LOS). Current firmware. Tried on both my P3Ps (same controller). Problem remained. Able to complete pano manually. Also was drifting in 5mph wind.

I shot some more in very calm conditions a few days ago and all seemed well for the most part. Overall the bird doesn't seem as stable as it once was during these pano missions. The day after I wrote the first post, there was another update and Mavic pano problems was mentioned, but nothing for the P4.

What if any warnings did you get. Did the bird just stop taking pictures and continue to rotate or just stop and hover pointed the same direction? What was your control signal level? And finally, could you still take pictures manually? We know that gimbal control doesn't work during a mission if the RC lnk is lost, I wonder if something similar might be happening in Pano. Also, picture taking will stop if the SD card is full. Note, you really have to reformat the card in the app. Doing it on your computer doesn't reset some of the file pointers that the bird reads and it thinks there is more on the card so it doesn't record to it. None of the above may be your problem, but something to check out.

The bird just sat there and didn't do anything - I was able to take pics, video and carry on flying as normal - as was fresh formatted in the p4 and loads of space - will find log and ha e a look

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I got the same problem today with P4P and Litchi. It would take the first pic and then show an error message about pano time out. Tried it several times. The bird was 300 ft. above my head, wind about 7 mph, very strong signal, SD card formatted in the drone just before attempting the pano. Any ideas?

Same for me, I just bought the app and was trying out the functions on my P4P. First try was set on column by column. Took the 3 shots and wouldn't rotate. Retried it on row by row. Made the first rotation of 8 shots which didn't do a full 360 (set on 360). Did about 300 degrees then gimble adjusted for second row. Took 2 shots and froze.

Update on my last post. Just reviewed my files. It appears that it started automatically taking video instead of photos each time it froze.

I have the same problem with Litchi on Phantom 3 pro.
Drifting 15 to 35 m from the start to the end of Panorama mode.
Is there a solution to this problem?

After that, PTGUI can not make a good 360 Panorama.

Problem Litchi 1.jpgProblem Litchi 2.jpgProblem Litchi 3.jpg

Same problem Phantom 3 Professional. Drifted 40 feet to 85 feet. Cannot stitch these photos. Any updates? I have asked via FB on the Litchi page with a message.

Litchi reply via facebook:

Hi, Drift during pano is a known issue for older DJI drone models. The bug is in DJI's firmware, only DJI could fix it but they won't as they don't support these drone models anymore. Any of the newer drone models don't have the issue (spark, P4, mavic, inspire 2, etc)

So its not fixable if you have an older drone. I guess its time for a new model or learn to take them manually

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20