Litchi Option from Amazon App Store

Reaction score
Anybody try this yet? Just saw this add on how to get Litchi on Crystal sky.
Looks like they have found a way to avoid using google play. Has to use Here maps,
but may be better than the "No" maps I'm getting on crystalsky now.

DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

Last edited:
Anybody try this yet? Just saw this add on how to get Litchi on Crystal sky.
Looks like they have found a way to avoid using google play. Has to use Here maps,
but may be better than the "No" maps I'm getting on crystalsky now.

DJI CrystalSky - Litchi

The install went smoothly. It'll be nice to not have to switch to the iPad to use Litchi. This is my third purchase of Litchi. I already bought it from the Apple App Store for my iPad and from Google Play for my Nexus tablet. :eek:

Last edited:
I just downloaded the amazon app and the Litchi app for my Phantom 4 Pro Plus. They downloaded ok. the problem is I cannot get the Litchi app to connect to the aircraft. It did connect to the mission hub. I am trying to find the solution to the problem now.

drvrbobob ... I'm a novice myself and not able to fly right now so I only offer a suggestion from what I have read. Have you, in fact, disabled the DJI Go4 software to eliminate interference and confusion between the two software apps?

This is my current dilemma I cannot figure a way on the p4p pro built in Crystal Sky monitor to turn off the DJI Go app so that the litchi can have a chance to run.

I will not be able to do anything tonight but, in the hopes we can both learn, I'll be happy to do some probing tomorrow morning and get back on here. Essentially, I'll be looking to "Force Stop" the DJI app from the Apps option on settings. I, personally, would not disable it as the default so as to preserve it's availability with least interference should Nitchi not work as planned. That way, although you'll stop it from running in this session and allow Nitchi access, it will restart automatically at your next boot. Again, just suggestions and I'll eagerly accept your knowledge and trials, as well.

Okay that sounds great I did play around with it and I tried to shut down. Stop close everything short of deleting the DJI ap. so far I have not found a way to get it to not work and allow the lichi to operate as it is supposed to but I'm sure there's a way it's just haven't pushed the right buttons yet.

They downloaded ok. the problem is I cannot get the Litchi app to connect to the aircraft. It did connect to the mission hub. I am trying to find the solution to the problem now.

For what it's worth, apparently there are others on a separate thread who are having the same problem.

Test flight on a mavic pro using the 7.85 high brightness with Litchi did not go very well. Had to shutdown and restart the controller every time I switched from go4 app to litchi and back (ok - no big deal but a little annoying). The main problem I had was a large lag in video transmission with Litchi - really not acceptable to fly. Transmission switching back to go4 app was fine.

Test flight on a mavic pro using the 7.85 high brightness with Litchi did not go very well. Had to shutdown and restart the controller every time I switched from go4 app to litchi and back (ok - no big deal but a little annoying). The main problem I had was a large lag in video transmission with Litchi - really not acceptable to fly. Transmission switching back to go4 app was fine.
Maybe new firmware fixes the disconnect issue

Overview

Date: 2018.04.12

CrystalSky Firmware: V02.06.03.00

DJI GO 3 App: V 3.1.30

DJI GO 4 App: V 4.2.8

DJI Pilot Beta: V 0.5.1

What's New?

For the Inspire 2: Added Output FPV function in HDMI Video Output mode.

Optimized CrystalSky power control logic to improve performance under extreme conditions.

Fixed an issue where the remote control became disconnected when switching between built-in apps.

Updated DJI GO 4 app to 4.2.8.

Updated DJI GO 3 app to 3.1.30

The main problem I had was a large lag in video transmission with Litchi - really not acceptable to fly. Transmission switching back to go4 app was fine.
I'm getting lag on my CS HB when using Litchi. I also get similar lag using the Go app with my Phantom 3 Pro. However, Go4 with my P4 Pro is lag-free.

Check the other Litchi thread for the fix
What other Litchi thread. I searched all I could find and saw no mention of a fix for the lag.

The extreme lag I was experiencing with Litchi on my CrystalSky 7" High Brightness and a Phantom 4 Pro went away after updating the CrystalSky to 02.06.06.00.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20