Litchi no more supports 32 channels

alokbhargava

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I wanted to fly with Litchi but noticed it no more supports 32 channels. I changed over to DJI Go App immediately.

Is this info correct?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've just purchased it (1.13.2) and, annoyingly, it doesn't have 32 channels which was one of the reasons I purchased it too.

Pardon a newbie question: What does 32 channels mean?

Rob,

Generally speaking...
The radio frequency 'band' that is used is the 2.4GHz ISM Band. It is a section of frequencies carved-out for use with unlicensed radio equipment like WiFi and is what is used in the Phantoms.
The 32 channel (hack) allowed the Phantom's system to be tuned to a bit above the carved-out frequencies into an area reserved for other licensed use.
Because these upper frequencies are not part of the un-licensed band they are frequently not in use and therefore there is less noise or competing signals making them more desirable cause you have better range and little to no noise issues.

Because it is technically illegal to use these frequencies it seems steps are being taken by some developers, etc. to make them no longer accessible through various changes.

Rob,

Generally speaking...
The radio frequency 'band' that is used is the 2.4GHz ISM Band. It is a section of frequencies carved-out for use with unlicensed radio equipment like WiFi and is what is used in the Phantoms.
The 32 channel (hack) allowed the Phantom's system to be tuned to a bit above the carved-out frequencies into an area reserved for other licensed use.
Because these upper frequencies are not part of the un-licensed band they are frequently not in use and therefore there is less noise or competing signals making them more desirable cause you have better range and little to no noise issues.

Because it is technically illegal to use these frequencies it seems steps are being taken by some developers, etc. to make them no longer accessible through various changes.
Ah - thank you for the explanation!

Reactions: BigAl07
Are the video transmissions the ones in question.. I have noticed that I get great signal according to healthy drones when in fact my video is messed up sometimes.

Where is the 32 channel config for litchi? I'm thinking of trying out the hack. I'm guessing same config maybe having to rename it?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Where is the 32 channel config for litchi? I'm thinking of trying out the hack. I'm guessing same config maybe having to rename it?

Litchi still has 32 channels as far as I know. It does on my Android version 3.8. Go is the one you need to Hack to get them. Keep in mind it only unlocks the other channels it does not auto seek those channels. You need to manually select the one you want to use.

Ahh ok, I had read about manual selecting channels higher than defaults. I need to look at litchi closer next time.[emoji3]

Reactions: RC Madman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.