Litchi Map Caching and Home Point/RTH

Reaction score
When creating a mission on Litchi Hub and caching it for remote use, how close to the home point or origin point of the mission created in Litchi Hub does one have to be? Does calibration of the bird's RTH point automatically move the mission start point to the RTH point, or does the bird fly from one's RTH point to the first waypoint of the mission, run the mission, and then return to the specified point in Litchi or the RTH point?

My concern is if I plot a mission from home using Litchi Hub and then travel to the location of the planned mission and end up having to start from, say, 100' from the original start point due to unexpected obstructions or unsafe conditions, will that make the mission fail or will it simply not start?

I apologize if I'm missing something here, but I have only just started to tinker with missions and was confused about starting a cached mission if I'm not in the exact location of the starting waypoint of a cached mission.

Thank you for any insight!

(I tried googling, watching vids, and searching here but it's still unclear to me.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "caching it for remote use."

My understanding is a waypoint mission is a series of GPS coordinates and these are at given heights from your launch point. So if you launch from a certain place, the craft will fly to the first GPS waypoint. If you instead launch from some other place, your first waypoint is still your first waypoint. It's not going to change. Only the height will change relative to what you thought your launch point would be and what it actually is.

I never set my RTH point on the Litchi Hub. I let my RTH be automatically calculated when turning on the aircraft. I just set waypoints and POI's only.

I'm not sure what you mean by "caching it for remote use."

My understanding is a waypoint mission is a series of GPS coordinates and these are at given heights from your launch point. So if you launch from a certain place, the craft will fly to the first GPS waypoint. If you instead launch from some other place, your first waypoint is still your first waypoint. It's not going to change. Only the height will change relative to what you thought your launch point would be and what it actually is.

Thanks for clarifying that, @Marknmd! And that's probably what I was missing, @ryantrax!

I will try plotting a mission with no start point and just flying from there. I really haven't explored the app or the Hub as well as I should prior to flying a mission.

Thanks again!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl