Litchi Focus mode stability issues (physical and software)

Reaction score
I was trying to capture a shot focused on a group of people on the ground with the drone starting at head level and rising slowly into the air. Litchi Focus mode seemed to be perfect for this. However, I ran into a number of issues. Firstly, because GPS isn't accurate (not a Litchi problem) getting the camera centered on the group was a problem right out of the gate. However, the main problem was that the drone acted like it was in ATTI mode, even with several GPS sats. As soon as I started Focus, it would drift. Not a lot, but enough that the gimbal couldn't keep up to smooth things.

Secondly, there was a lot of FPV camera lag and then more and more control lag the longer I stayed in Focus mode. It got so bad after running for 3-4 minutes that the controls would lag several seconds. I did have one hard landing because it was lagging so bad it continued to fly down long after I let off the control.

Finally, after several takes, the Litchi app started crashing on me. I did this 3 times while in Focus mode. The whole time, between the drone drifting, FPV lag and control lag, I struggled to get one good take.

I've been testing this at home today and the problems are not as severe, but it's definitely still obvious that there are issues. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm experimenting with setting up a Waypoint mission to do the same shot, but it has it's own set of issues.

P4 - Litchi 1.15.5 on iOS 10.2.1

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj