Litchi crashes in entering settings

Reaction score
I am having an issue with both the Nexus 9 v7.1 and the Galaxy tab A 10.1 v6.0. When the P4 is connected to the device and I go into settings the app crashes. This happens consistently on both devices. I just installed Litchi, so it is the latest version. I can use settings if the RC is not connected, though I'm not sure that is useful.
Bill

Make sure DJI Go is shut down. You may have to force close it. In some cases you have to uninstall DJI Go.

It could also be that your device isn't up to snuff. I'm not familiar with Android devices but I see some people have issues with them running both apps at once. DJI Go and Litchi don't play well together on Android for some reason. I use an Ipad Mini 2 or an Iphone 5s and all is smooth sailing.

Somebody with more knowledge of Android devices will probably pop in here soon and offer more useful info than I can.

I am having an issue with both the Nexus 9 v7.1 and the Galaxy tab A 10.1 v6.0. When the P4 is connected to the device and I go into settings the app crashes. This happens consistently on both devices. I just installed Litchi, so it is the latest version. I can use settings if the RC is not connected, though I'm not sure that is useful.
Bill
Issue with latest Litchi update. I have same issue on my Galaxy tab A and Galaxy S6. Panoramas time out before completion too. Contacted Litchi who say they're working on it and sent me a link to the apk for the previous version.
Make sure DJI Go is shut down. You may have to force close it. In some cases you have to uninstall DJI Go.

It could also be that your device isn't up to snuff. I'm not familiar with Android devices but I see some people have issues with them running both apps at once. DJI Go and Litchi don't play well together on Android for some reason. I use an Ipad Mini 2 or an Iphone 5s and all is smooth sailing.

Somebody with more knowledge of Android devices will probably pop in here soon and offer more useful info than I can.

Sent from my SM-G920I using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have a navidia SHIELD K1 tablet android version 6.0.1 (two months old) and the settings will only open if the machine (dji phantom 4 controller) has not connected with the aircraft. after the controller connects every time you access settings it crashes. Unfortunately you cannot set go home altitude or max altitude when not connected. also vision positioning and forward collision avoidance settings are not there.

I even uninstalled the dji go app and reinstalled the the litchi app as only app and it still crashes when I go to settings. Very disappointed . just wasted 26 bucks.

After I got the old version of the Litchi app I did my first flight today using way points. Only 4 points and it worked great. Was a bit nervous then hitting the start button and the P4 went up and away. The video was smooth and looked OK. The map is better then the one in DJI GO 4.

This morning I received an email from litchi with a link to an older litchi app. I installed this and the settings on the app opened. Apparently the new app has some problems for the phantom 4. I have not used this yet but am happy with the quick response.

Having the same issues as well with my P4 and Nvidia Shield. I also uninstalled the go app and doesn't change a thing, still crashes. Anyway you can post that link or send it to me in an email? I just sent my email to Litchi but not sure how long it will be to hear back from them.

Bill
I also have the Tab A, and I have had nothing but compatibility problems with the P4 RC. If you can get the Tab A to connect to the RC every time then you are doing way better than I did. I gave up and picked up a (refurbished) iPad 2 mini, and it's like a breath of fresh air, never a connection or data transfer problem.

This is sort of awful because my Tab A (10") was awesome with the P4, when it decided to connect. I adore my Tab A in every other way. It's a beautiful tablet that I use all the time. I'm under-impressed with the iPad 2 mini, I only use it with the RC.

If (when) you find a way of attaining a stable connection to the RC, please come back and share your findings. I would love to use my Tab A with my P4.

Cheers

This morning I received an email from litchi with a link to an older litchi app. I installed this and the settings on the app opened. Apparently the new app has some problems for the phantom 4. I have not used this yet but am happy with the quick response.

Dear Badaxed, Experiencing your exact issue with my S7 and on my older S4. Tried both devices and have Litchi app only on both. Have the P4P and the app works fine as long as I don't try and go into the settings of the app. Soon as I try and select something in the settings it shuts down. I saw something in the download that the latest version fixed this, but indeed it's not true. Did this older version fix your issue? If so, I would be most appreciative if I could get the link from you. I wrote customer support and they tell me it's Samsung firmware issue. Not happy with that reply. Thanks for any help.

Dear Badaxed, Experiencing your exact issue with my S7 and on my older S4. Tried both devices and have Litchi app only on both. Have the P4P and the app works fine as long as I don't try and go into the settings of the app. Soon as I try and select something in the settings it shuts down. I saw something in the download that the latest version fixed this, but indeed it's not true. Did this older version fix your issue? If so, I would be most appreciative if I could get the link from you. I wrote customer support and they tell me it's Samsung firmware issue. Not happy with that reply. Thanks for any help.
Ritchie sent me an e
Litchi sent me an e-mail saying problems fixed. With a link to play store. Downloaded and it worked fine. I have been in settings many times and no crashes. Ran some litchi missions from kml files plotted from Google earth and was amazed. Worked great.

I sent the link to [email protected]
he is on phantompilots.com.
this was a link to older install. not current. I cannot find my sent g-mail for link. Maybee Mike still has it (link).

here is there response to me:
We wanted to let you know the developer of the Android app Litchi for DJI Drones, has replied to the Google Play review you wrote for it on Dec 26, 2016. "We fixed the settings crash in 3.10.1, sorry about this."

this is the link to playstore I opened from e-mail from litchi Litchi for DJI Drones - Android Apps on Google Play

I sent the link to [email protected]
he is on phantompilots.com.
this was a link to older install. not current. I cannot find my sent g-mail for link. Maybee Mike still has it (link).

here is there response to me:
We wanted to let you know the developer of the Android app Litchi for DJI Drones, has replied to the Google Play review you wrote for it on Dec 26, 2016. "We fixed the settings crash in 3.10.1, sorry about this."

this is the link to playstore I opened from e-mail from litchi Litchi for DJI Drones - Android Apps on Google Play

Thanks for the help. Support wrote me back several times today and they said I am the only one who is reporting this as still being a problem. They seem surprised.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues