Litchi App Luvin it - Coming Soon to a P3 Near you!

I call BS on this thread. Posting this in the P3 section, with video from non-P3 is misleading. Don't care about the promises, DJI does enough of that. ND agreement should have kept the beta-testers from posting, but Litchi must be pumping for sales. If it ain't working, don't put it here.
I would first like to say that litchi had nothing to do with any posting on my behave. I would like to apologize for sharing this information with the forum.
I just wanted to share my experience with the app that I have been testing.
Please forget that I was even here.

I call BS on this thread. Posting this in the P3 section, with video from non-P3 is misleading. Don't care about the promises, DJI does enough of that. ND agreement should have kept the beta-testers from posting, but Litchi must be pumping for sales. If it ain't working, don't put it here.
While it may not be a golden release yet it is in P3 testing so it is relevant to P3 owners.

Lets everyone stay calm here and be respectful to other members. If you don't like the topic of a thread just pass it by. No need to come into it and disrupt it.

I have both a P2V+ and P3P. I did not do any beta testing on the app for the P2V+, but I did purchase it once it was available. Now I fly the P2V+ almost exclusively due to the POI, Follow and GS for specific shots/planned footage. The controls are a lot more smooth with the P3P for random stuff. When the app comes available for the P3P I will purchase it for sure.

Have to agree with DaGunn on this one. Regardless if it's Alpha, Beta, or whatever there is an agreement those testers are to abide by per the Non-Disclosure that is part of the Click-Check which is like signing your name which logs your pc info at the same time. I think it's the IP & Mac Address from pc, the router and modem imprint as well. Google put this in place, but I personally think it's just another way for them to get in your stuff like everything else.

But in the real world absolutely every "legit" developer with an app associated with DJI current SDK structure is in limbo waiting for a fix so they can proceed the G/S. If any developer has a working G/S for the P3 they are working around the SDK which is not permitted.

There is a firmware update coming out next week. Hopefully it will be in time for the July 4th holiday and include much needed fixes. It's hard telling what they'll have for us. Cross them fingers.

While it may not be a golden release yet it is in P3 testing so it is relevant to P3 owners.

Lets everyone stay calm here and be respectful to other members. If you don't like the topic of a thread just pass it by. No need to come into it and disrupt it.

I am respectful. I am tolerant to a point. I like the UI of this app because it ripps off the DJI UI.
but:
  1. MariposaLand
    I just downloaded the app. I didn't see any option for the P3. You said in setup it allowed you to select it. Did I just waste $12?

#35MariposaLand, Today at 5:41 PM
    Like Reply

2. Lgibson100
    The P3 is still in beta. It will be released when Litchi and DJI feel its ready.
    Sorry !

it ripps off

Are you implying Litchi stole or committed a crime of theft?

If so, I do not know how you have the intelligence to even turn on a Phantom much less fly one.

If someone does not like the APP, a refund is promptly given.

This bickering is getting old. Last warning to be civil to each other, if not warnings can be issued to those involved. Be constructive or don't post.

Are you implying Litchi stole or committed a crime of theft?

If so, I do not know how you have the intelligence to even turn on a Phantom much less fly one.

If someone does not like the APP, a refund is promptly given.

LITCHI.png

AmfP4Yzjx6eIT-4j99jwE1pUbHxeD5g_19I_QDozh7HvsKmpBl81fbltUPy9mQyCNii1=h900-rw

Attachments

• Pilotapp2.jpg
    Pilotapp2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 321
THIS IS NOT A BOGUS THREAD!
The Bogus part we are referring to is the claim that the Litchi app works better than the DJI Pilot app because the Phantom hovers better when connected to Litchi vs DJI Pilot. That part is MOST DEFINITELY bogus. No one is disputing what is happening with DJI and 3rd party developers and the release of needed software updates.
As I said before, I'm glad there are other app options out there but don't sell it to me as some NEW, FANTASTIC, SUPER STABLE HOVERING flying experience ;)

I have not tested it again today. No time... and also waiting for DJI to come back to me on the flight Data... perhaps they will have some info...

I too fully agree that the firmware is the driver of the device and the Litchi software is just a "facilitator" so to speak.

You only have to look at the number of times I have moaned about how the craft flew so rubbish. After the last firmware update, I could not get it to hover one bit, it either went side to side or up and down, never stayed in one "relative" spot. I could not take it far before it lost signal and there was a bad signal lag. Yesterday I took it over 1km before I reached a residential area.

Yesterday I flew it with the Litchi and did not experience any of that... That is my only claim thus far... The fact that in the last month I have moan non stop and yesterday for the first time it behaved like a $1200 device and not a $100 device...

By all means call it a BS, Bogus thread whatever... If it continues flying like that I really don't care :). What is not bogus, is that Litchi appears to be a fantastic app and whatever the outcome, it is going to be a app many will adopt... I have not tried POI, Follow Me, GS etc. I honestly was too busy enjoying flying something that behaved.

Hell VC Tech will probably agree with most of you saying this is BS. I dont know what has changed...

People stop moaning about the app being a hoax or whatever and appreciate that there is someone putting in loads of work into what appears to be a very functional and capable app... AND probably will be fully functional a whole lot sooner than DJI app...

Once i got some more data back from DJI on what is going on with my device then I can report to say what is or is not the circumstance...

Last edited:
It works on a p3 provided you have developer firmware 1.1.1003 on your bird.

If you have any newer firmware it does not work. Sadly they don't yet have a Alpha or beta test version for those on dev firmware 1.2.4 because that requires a newer sdk be used.

I'm hoping they run a second alpha release or host the app somewhere so I can get back using it.

If you want an app for the p3 in the meantime that works with dev firmware 1.1.1003 Google ultimate flight and join the beta test, if you have dev firmware 1.2.4 then get the app via Google play and send a very nice email to Ken its maker and maybe he will give you his latest version which runs the newer sdk.

Reactions: Stephan
@loganboyd

As I said before, I'm glad there are other app options out there but don't sell it to me as some NEW, FANTASTIC, SUPER STABLE HOVERING flying experience

I am not selling you anything... I am telling you what i experienced.

As the title of the thread says it is coming to you soon... it is still under development...

Third, and this is a general comment for all reviewers: please provide details in all your reviews as to your relationship, if any, with the product and product manufacturer you are reviewing and disclose if you paid fully for your product or were given a discount or were otherwise incentivized.

NONE...

@loganboyd
You are two of the most enthusiastic beta testers to ever exist. This app developer was certainly lucky to find you!

I take it you are the guy who buys a new car and drives around in the dark in fear people might think you advertising it? Gimme a break! Like it don't like it move on...

For the record I have never even posted on the Litchi testing group.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj