Litchi App is Great

I am amazed you think it was a good idea to make this flight, let alone share this video on a public forum.

This is the busiest attraction in Sydney, the place is packed with people- its almost certain you will hit at least one person if you crash.

You must have some appreciation of the potential risk you posed to those below if things went bad- let alone the heli's that obtain clearance to enter the airspace.

Our days are limited. This sort of attention can only hurt the hobby.

Reactions: skysense
Sorry if I sounded dirty on you Mate. I was just watching thinking if this goes bad there is no way its gonna land without taking someone out.... There was so many people packed in it looked like an ants nest.

It seems litchi flys the waypoints nicely.

No worries.
Theres a time and a place.
Bad judgment to post it.
Yes youre right Litchi is very impressive.
Very reliable.
Before i launch the mission i do plenty of prep work and planning and had good signal during the flight.

Dude, I flew mine at the Bicentennial Park late last year, a park ranger told me it is illegal to fly anywhere in the whole Sydney Olympic Park. I was flying in a secluded part of the park that time. Now there are huge crowds here and you actually flew over them? Please read the CASA rules and check with the park rangers/signs before flying. We don't need any more stupid drone cowboys to spoil our fun.

Dude, I flew mine at the Bicentennial Park late last year, a park ranger told me it is illegal to fly anywhere in the whole Sydney Olympic Park. I was flying in a secluded part of the park that time. Now there are huge crowds here and you actually flew over them? Please read the CASA rules and check with the park rangers/signs before flying. We don't need any more stupid drone cowboys to spoil our fun.
Have you seen a no drones sign? I have had several discussions with rangers but havent seen a sign anywhere yet.

100% there are no "No drones" signs.
Im in the park and surroundings almost every day either running, riding or flying.
Not too long ago i was at the Wentworth Common helping a mate of mine who just bought an Inspire Pro get used to flying.
We had one of their ranger guys come past and didnt say a word. Even stopped to watch.
I was also flying one evening outside the Easter Show just doing some photography of the lights from the rides. Another ranger observed me, sat for a few mins and drove off.

Ive had rangers talk to me while flying. One occasion had been a complaint of flying close over people on the beach. Said wasnt me He then pointed to a drone hovering over people as we spoke. I showed him the screen on the ipad, i was 800m away over water... He wandered off to find the other operator. He did tell me that he didnt think there was anything he or council could do about policing drone use. If i cant launch without a good 30m ckearance to the nearest person or private property, need to fly over people or suspect im going to.piss people off i dont fly. Always another day. This whole paranoia anti drone thing the media has created is bad enough without me adding to it.

Have you seen a no drones sign? I have had several discussions with rangers but havent seen a sign anywhere yet.
I haven't which is why I flew there but then a park ranger came up to me and tell me it is not allowed. I have tried to searched for any online rules on Sydney Olympic Park but I couldn't find any.

I haven't which is why I flew there but then a park ranger came up to me and tell me it is not allowed. I have tried to searched for any online rules on Sydney Olympic Park but I couldn't find any.
You might have considered asking the ranger what if any local ordinace he relied on in informing you flying was not permitted. This would be useful to know. The rules are blurry at best.

Not to steal the thread but we love Aussies! Was on vacation in Florida with the family this week. Spent an evening drinking beer with some Brisbane folks. Salt of the earth guys. Had a blast.

Not to steal the thread but we love Aussies! Was on vacation in Florida with the family this week. Spent an evening drinking beer with some Brisbane folks. Salt of the earth guys. Had a blast.
People either like us or they dont... lol.... I have travelled to the US many times. I learnt to speak slower on the first visit. We dont think we have an accent but seems we do.

You might have considered asking the ranger what if any local ordinace he relied on in informing you flying was not permitted. This would be useful to know. The rules are blurry at best.
I didn't ask him that time, but I don't think I will bother going back to Sydney Olympic to try flying again, in case I will waste my drive there just to find out the park's rules :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl