Litchi app for phantom 4

Reaction score
Hello , new to this forum . been flying for a few months now . after using the DJI go 4 app i notice some glitches while in use with video feed and some loss on control at distances over 600 ' though it always comes back on and have had no accidents . I've been looking at the Litchi app and have a few questions for those that use it .
1.is it worth it ?
2.does it work well and do i use it instead of dji go 4 or in conjunction with it ?
3 if i decide to download the app is it just to my mini4 or do i need to do it while hooked up to the receiver and the drone ?
any opinions and help welcome
Thanks

Just download it to whatever you fly with. It stands alone so don't even have DJI GO open. In fact if you are like a majority of flyers, you won't go back to DJI except for calibration and such. I switched in November and never looked back. Be sure to try the Waypoint feature!

Jim
WA5TEF

Not sure if getting Litchi will resolve your video glitches as there may be something else going on with your app settings or external inteference. I use both (you can only run one app at a time) and use Litchi for most of my flying. The mission setting, as mentioned, is worth the the entry fee alone. The latest iOS update last week fixed the pano issues, I and a number of others with a P4 we're having.
Just do it....

Not sure if getting Litchi will resolve your video glitches as there may be something else going on with your app settings or external inteference. I use both (you can only run one app at a time) and use Litchi for most of my flying. The mission setting, as mentioned, is worth the the entry fee alone. The latest iOS update last week fixed the pano issues, I and a number of others with a P4 we're having.
Just do it....
Thanks , It Seem the video is is more prone to as i call them glitches , pauses , skips , and some green bars . was hoping the Litchi could help resolve some of those issues, Try today with the ranger Extenders and seemed i bit better . still not professional . any other suggestions for what to check . still on the fence with the Litchi . I'm in West Yellowstone , on a lake , wonder if there are excessive magnetic fields in this area?

Thanks , It Seem the video is is more prone to as i call them glitches , pauses , skips , and some green bars . was hoping the Litchi could help resolve some of those issues, Try today with the ranger Extenders and seemed i bit better . still not professional . any other suggestions for what to check . still on the fence with the Litchi . I'm in West Yellowstone , on a lake , wonder if there are excessive magnetic fields in this area?
A common solution to reducing the dreaded green bars etc is to select a channel in custom mode that is interference free (I use channel 20 as an example) and reduce your transmission rate to 4 Mbps. That will basically reduce the workload on your device in crunching the video stream data.
Try that first and see if you get a better result before you start pumping money into antenna mods.

A common solution to reducing the dreaded green bars etc is to select a channel in custom mode that is interference free (I use channel 20 as an example) and reduce your transmission rate to 4 Mbps. That will basically reduce the workload on your device in crunching the video stream data.
Try that first and see if you get a better result before you start pumping money into antenna mods.
Thanks ,Haven't tired that yet . I'm going to head out in a bit , just waiting for the sun to get in the right position .I'll report my results . I just have the parabolic extenders that came with the package , working on building my confidence up in the phantom . only 10 hrs so far but getting an hr or 2 a day use now .

Thanks ,Haven't tired that yet . I'm going to head out in a bit , just waiting for the sun to get in the right position .I'll report my results . I just have the parabolic extenders that came with the package , working on building my confidence up in the phantom . only 10 hrs so far but getting an hr or 2 a day use now .
You should be able to smash 600' without windsurfers, so try adjusting your settings, ensure the orientation of the antenna is parallel with the legs of the drone. If you have access to an open area, try that also to discount any local inteference and you should see a big improvement.

You should be able to smash 600' without windsurfers, so try adjusting your settings, ensure the orientation of the antenna is parallel with the legs of the drone. If you have access to an open area, try that also to discount any local inteference and you should see a big improvement.
Will do , just walked in from a 20 minute so far much better . I'm in as wide open a space as one can get . just did about 1500'ft out the the video is much better but still far from quality almost as if it's going in and out of focus but no green bars or just plain stopping . not sure what interference is around here in the middle of no where MT on Hebgen lake [the lake is over 9 miles long and about a mile wide] nothing but mountains and snow . this have done this since day one

Will do , just walked in from a 20 minute so far much better . I'm in as wide open a space as one can get . just did about 1500'ft out the the video is much better but still far from quality almost as if it's going in and out of focus but no green bars or just plain stopping . not sure what interference is around here in the middle of no where MT on Hebgen lake [the lake is over 9 miles long and about a mile wide] nothing but mountains and snow . this have done this since day one
Hmm, another tip is to ensure nothing is running in the background on your iPad, switch it to airplane mode (unless you want to reset your home point or use follow me mode) and lower your video settings to 1080. I usually fly in 2.7K as 4K takes a bit of grunt to process. Your microSD footage will be fine regardless of what the image on the device screen is like.

the photos i take are top notch , it's just the video
Hmm, another tip is to ensure nothing is running in the background on your iPad, switch it to airplane mode (unless you want to reset your home point or use follow me mode) and lower your video settings to 1080. I usually fly in 2.7K as 4K takes a bit of grunt to process. Your microSD footage will be fine regardless of what the image on the device screen is like.
OK, Will do that here in about 20 mins i've been using 4K will go 2.7k and 1080 if need be .nothing else to do now but fly .

Reactions: tevek

Well that helped a lot . went to 2.7K and much better. Had just a little pixelation if that's a word .now i think i need to tweek the camera setting thinking fps of 24 not 30 ? Thanks for the Help ,heading in the right direction now to decide on Lichti .

Well that helped a lot . went to 2.7K and much better. Had just a little pixelation if that's a word .now i think i need to tweek the camera setting thinking fps of 24 not 30 ? Thanks for the Help ,heading in the right direction now to decide on Lichti .
Try tweaking your fps and see how you feel with the quality of the footage. I usually run 2.7k at 30 fps which I can tweak later in post production. As for Litchi, pretty sure you will be impressed with it. There are a million threads on the forum regarding the app and the latest iOS update works a treat.

Try tweaking your fps and see how you feel with the quality of the footage. I usually run 2.7k at 30 fps which I can tweak later in post production. As for Litchi, pretty sure you will be impressed with it. There are a million threads on the forum regarding the app and the latest iOS update works a treat.
Thanks for all the help . will keep tweeking and flying till it's just right . lots to video up here in MT and want it right .
the flying part is the easy part with the phantom ,the camera , videoing , downloading and editing is a big learning curve

Hello , new to this forum . been flying for a few months now . after using the DJI go 4 app i notice some glitches while in use with video feed and some loss on control at distances over 600 ' though it always comes back on and have had no accidents . I've been looking at the Litchi app and have a few questions for those that use it .
1.is it worth it ?
2.does it work well and do i use it instead of dji go 4 or in conjunction with it ?
3 if i decide to download the app is it just to my mini4 or do i need to do it while hooked up to the receiver and the drone ?
any opinions and help welcome
Thanks

I have tried quite a few apps for my P4 nothing compares with the Litchi app.

I had a lot of video issues with the DJI GO app's mainly loss of signal, lines running up the screen, image all broken up etc. I fly mainly missions which you can plan on the mission hub at home on your PC, I practically like the POI as you can set the height above the ground at the POI. I build my missions in conjunction with Google Earth to get the elevation at different points of the mission. you should go to Mission Hub - Litchi and build a mission that part is free, you will love it. better that sliced bread.

I have tried quite a few apps for my P4 nothing compares with the Litchi app.

I had a lot of video issues with the DJI GO app's mainly loss of signal, lines running up the screen, image all broken up etc. I fly mainly missions which you can plan on the mission hub at home on your PC, I practically like the POI as you can set the height above the ground at the POI. I build my missions in conjunction with Google Earth to get the elevation at different points of the mission. you should go to Mission Hub - Litchi and build a mission that part is free, you will love it. better that sliced bread.
Thanks , think I'm going to bite the bullet and do it . Do i need to be hooked up to the reciver when i down load this on my ipad mini or just download it to the mini and go ?

OK Just downloaded Litchi and set up a link to mission hub . now the learning curve starts all over once again .
I'll start with a dry test run and adjust all my settings and then hit the sky close by of course

OK Just downloaded Litchi and set up a link to mission hub . now the learning curve starts all over once again .
I'll start with a dry test run and adjust all my settings and then hit the sky close by of course

just download it to the mini and go like any other app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl